Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Genesisat_18
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hit a median and my front left wheel (drivers side) is pushed back a little bit. I’m pretty sure my problem is a bent control arm. That said instead of just replacing the parts with factory crap I’d like to upgrade and I’ve seen and have read a little bit about the PBM super angle kit and the reviews seem good for drifting applications but, I’m interested to know how it does for regular road racing, down hill mountain passes as well as daily reliablity because I daily drive my car and where I live we have a mtn pass that I run from time to time late at night.

I don’t have the money to buy the front and rear kit and coilovers all at the same time. That said can I buy the front kit and run the factory coilovers on the kit until I can buy the rear kit and then eventually coilovers?

I’ve also read somewhere can’t remember where that the PBM kit also corrects a body rolling issue in corners?
Sorry, if any of these questions already have a thread or are noob questions. This forum can be a little confusing to navigate. Btw I have a 2013 bk2 2.0t.

·
dontmindme. justcreepin
182 Posts
If yours are just bent, a cost effective way is get new adjustable control arms from places like ISR and such. The PBM kit would be more for hard core drifting especially given the price tag. Strongly suggest you save up for parts to put in together like front AND rear then coilovers in the future. I have parts sitting in my house waiting for other parts all the time. Running just the aftermarket front or rear separately throws off the mojo tying it all together and driving may become unpredictable and uncomfortable for your daily driving.

·
In Charge of Snacks
2,109 Posts
The Max parts are good, no doubt, but they come with some handicaps.

First is the steering angle. Lock to lock is adjustable, so you can run stock-ish angle by limiting how far the knuckles can physically turn. However the position of the steering endlink pickup is not adjustable, which means your knuckles will turn farther than stock at a given rotation of the steering wheel. It also has the reverse effect of transmitting road imperfections more aggressively back to the rack. Essentially, it will make your car both nimble and twitchy. I'm sure it would be possible to modify the endlink pickup toward more docile behavior with some welding and cutting, etc., but that would be best handled by an experienced professional.

Next up is the fact that all the joints are spherical. These greatly increase stability and positive feedback, but also contribute to a lot of noise and since they're unshielded, the joints will need to be replaced from time to time. You're in dry AZ so the wear issue should be far less of a concern for you. Just keep out of the sand.

Finally, it's a permanent mod. It can be put back to stock, but will require replacement knuckles as you need to cut the stock units to fit the kit.

As far as suspension is concerned, I believe you can use the stock front coilovers without interference issues, but the ride height will be completely screwy. You should probably check with PSM on that.

The kit has a lot of purely positive features too. It does improve/correct front roll center issues. It also relocates the sway bar pickup from the strut body to the control arm which gets rid of that source of bump steer. In addition it reduces the number of control arm pickups from 2 to 1(at the bottom of the knuckle) increasing the geometric stability of the knuckle.

There's a lot to like, here. But you do need to be prepared for the consequences.

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,453 Posts
I have the ISR Tension rods. Great product and very affordable. Easy to install too. Only way to adjust caster.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts