Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been recently having grounding issues with my car which resulted in my PCM ground getting fried.

I replaced the PCM (which is in the ECU) and had the dealer program it.

After 1 day of driving, my PCM grounds all popped again. Only happens when I try to start the car, when it runs, it runs fine.

Curious to know if anyone has had this problem and what might cause my PCM grounds to short so quickly..

Car is stock internally. 2010 3.8 GT push-button start.

·
Premium Member
15,356 Posts
check the mains. If it doesn't pop the fuse when in accessory mode, and only pops when cranking, then it's like the something with the main wires off the battery, the starter, or the alternator.

Disconnect and remove the battery.
Follow the negative lead to where it bolts to the body.
Unbolt from body and clean all the connection points with a wire brush.
Put on some di-electric grease and bolt back on.

Next the Positive lead.
check all the starter connections. unbolt, inspect, di-electric grease and bolt back on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
check the mains. If it doesn't pop the fuse when in accessory mode, and only pops when cranking, then it's like the something with the main wires off the battery, the starter, or the alternator.

Disconnect and remove the battery.
Follow the negative lead to where it bolts to the body.
Unbolt from body and clean all the connection points with a wire brush.
Put on some di-electric grease and bolt back on.

Next the Positive lead.
check all the starter connections. unbolt, inspect, di-electric grease and bolt back on.
Thanks for the reply!

I did check the mains (with a DMM) and starter grounds and they seem fine. Its not popping a fuse but literally shorting out my ECU to the point that I'm having to replace my entire ECU.

We suspect it might be a short somewhere in the wire harness because this is the second ECU I've shorted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts