Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for help here. I recently had my bottom end rebuilt So I upgraded my turbo as well (Tomei arms) I have full turbo back exhaust, upgraded intercooler, 550cc injectors and ECU tune And all the obvious Bolt-ons. For breaking in purposes I left the turbo set at stock boost. Whenever I hit peak boost in second or third gear I get boost cut off and a loud backfire. Fourth, fifth and sixth gear hold fine. I’m about to upgrade the fuel pump and move up to 750 mL injectors I’m not sure if this will alleviate my problem though. Any help would be great!

·
Registered
34 Posts
i had the same problem after i got my tune for my 19t upgrade with peak boost at 22psi , i then found out here that stock mapsensor can only handle about 21psi and that was causing my problem, if u got stock boost then i supose thats not your problem right?

·
Premium Member
15,362 Posts
Actually the 39200-27000 and 39200-27400 sensors are rated for 2.5 bar.

Thats 36~ psi, but closer to the limit, readings gets less reliable. 25 psi should be fine for it to read correctly.

Is your tune custom or can?

Because the BK1 ECU go into close loop at full throttle.

Adding more fuel pressure and larger injectors are going to make it run richer, which means more backfiring.

If you're going to get it re-tuned anyways, might as well.
mention to the tuner about the issue, before he starts tuning.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, right now I have it set at 15lbs. What was the fix? Or what sensor did you end up going with?

·
Premium Member
15,362 Posts
MAP sensors usually work on a 5 volt/resistance range. AFAIK there is no way to use a higher BAR MAP sensor unless you get a the ecu calibrated for it.

What I mean is 5 volt reading would be 2.5 BAR on the stock sensor.

A 3 BAR sensor would also max out as 5volts

This is just an example:
say the 2.5 reads 0 psi at 2 volts

a 3 bar would be a different psi at 2 volts.

basically calibrate for scaling. The BK2s have 3 BAR MAP sensors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts