Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
jBusta
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any of you guys that are currently using your Coupes as a winter driver or just cuz the area/weather you are in is making your interior look like garbage have a perfect fitting floor mat that you use? I'm talking specifically for our coupes not just the "Genesis" that i've found on most sites.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
I have the one from the dealer and it fits exactly the same as the carpeted floor mats except it's rubber.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have the one from the dealer and it fits exactly the same as the carpeted floor mats except it's rubber.
I have those too, and I think I remember paying about $65. They're heavy-duty. Really well-made. Definitely worth it.

·
jBusta
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well looks like i'm guna go with the dealer ones. Its just so annoying when ppl just hop in my car and dont kick the salt off their feet:mad:

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
I have those too, and I think I remember paying about $65. They're heavy-duty. Really well-made. Definitely worth it.
They are very well made though the only problem I have with them is that it lays falt on the floor and doesn't have a lip around the sides to cover the carpet that goes up around the center console and the door sills. They still are great mats however.

·
I'm Imran.
2,708 Posts

·
NDA 380GT
437 Posts
Just bought the Michelin brand ones from Walmart. They fit w/o cutting and cover the whole floor area. $30 for the set.

·
Use the F'n Search Button
4,280 Posts
I got $10 rubber floor-mats from Target. They fit perfectly. The problem is they slid alot though. so I epoxy'ed velcro underneath the floor mats and they hold very well now.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I went ahead and recently got the Weathertech Digafit for my wife's new coupe. I was VERY pleased with the way they fit. It is not a perfect fit, but I can see it will be THE BEST for keeping the carpet clean. I did need to drill new holes to fit the stud location on the floor of the coupe (easy to do). They told me I could try them and return and lose only the shipping cost.

·
COBRA!!!!!!!!!!!
157 Posts
for all you canadians go to canadian tire! i bought my floor mats there... they have ones called xactfit.. they are about $80 incl taxes and you get the 2 fronts and 2 rears. they fit perfectly

·
Premium Member
13,004 Posts
I went ahead and recently got the Weathertech Digafit for my wife's new coupe. I was VERY pleased with the way they fit. It is not a perfect fit, but I can see it will be THE BEST for keeping the carpet clean. I did need to drill new holes to fit the stud location on the floor of the coupe (easy to do). They told me I could try them and return and lose only the shipping cost.
I would never drill anything into my car for a floormat...

Dont be cheap, the dealership ones are a perfect fit, dont require shaping, drilling, cutting or velcro. Its amazing that people will pay $60 for an oil cap but then cheap out on something like floormats.

·
lackadaisical
2,524 Posts
I think he meant drill a hole in the floor mat itself, in order to fit the stud locations that are on the floor of the car.

@crisgq, very nicee, i think I'll check those out!

·
COBRA!!!!!!!!!!!
157 Posts
you do have to cut them tho.... its cool 1 mat fits all hyundai's you just have to follow the stencil for your car that they give you and i was quite impressed with the fitment

·
Registered
161 Posts
Just bought the Michelin brand ones from Walmart. They fit w/o cutting and cover the whole floor area. $30 for the set.
I'll second this recommendation. For $30 they stay in place and are malleable enough to bend where necessary for a good fit around the pedal. I'd buy the stock ones if we had longer snowy winters in Virginia.

I really like the idea of the stock and might just get them for full time use, but I like the carpeted a lot too.

·
Registered
437 Posts
ontariogenesisclub.ca | View topic - Stanley Winter Mats - A+ fitment, but dunno the quality....

yellowmp5 said:
j/ bought some Stanley MaxFit winter mats,
$33 tax included for both front...

Stanley MaxFit Large Car Mat, 1-pc | Canadian Tire

DIY cut fitment is very very close to OEM....and was easy to trim
i used the OEM carpet as a template, and used a piece of chalk to trace out the shape.

i was still able to place my OEM mats underneath (and made sure the clutch brake and accelerator has no contact to the mat)

i havn't seen any other thirdparty winter mats that lets you trim like these stanley one's offered...

however, dunno the quality of this yet..

1 - 20 of 28 Posts