Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

201 - 220 of 298 Posts

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
I love how mine sounds also, really deep and meaty (no homo) without being raspy. The only thing I'm not fond of is how far the tips stick out from the bumper (2-3 inches). I went to a couple exhaust shops to see if they could cut and reweld the tips so they sit flush with the bumper and i was quoted $150 which is more than i paid for the exhaust lol....
I did this myself, took about an hour to remove,cut,weld and install.

·
Registered
26 Posts
On my last vehicle, i went with 3in turbo back and immediately felt like my low end was gone. Even with a tune seemed like my car had to work alot harder to get it back, but the mid and top end was phenom. So i a short section replaced to 2.5 and wholla it was back and my car felt great. I think when i get a GC i won't be going full 3in turbo back again. Ill stick with a 2.5

·
Registered
58 Posts
Soooo...the exhaust came in however the bolts, nuts & gaskets were forgotten. I could still use the stock bolts, nuts & gaskets for the Phantom Garage right? :dunno:

·
Registered
713 Posts
bolts n nuts no problem. gaskets get new.
regardless of how new your car is get new ones.

·
unce unce unce
2,854 Posts
bolts n nuts no problem. gaskets get new.
regardless of how new your car is get new ones.
Yup, you can still use the hardware just get new gaskets.

Only gripe i have is the tips stick out about 2-3" from the bumper. Kind of looks tacky but for this price i shouldn't be complaining.

·
Registered
12 Posts
When it arrived it had gaskets, nuts and bolts (my 2013 oem pipes are nut and stud) and no band clamp for the 2 piece pipe. easy install just gettin it to sit right is the trouble. My 2013 2.0t 6mt is completely stock and id say this kit is just a lil bit louder than stock. im ok with that, it has a deeper tone and id say less drone than stock at highway. and a crazy noise when the wastegate opens. The website wont let me post pics cause ima noob, so i got pics if someone wants to help.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yup, you can still use the hardware just get new gaskets.

Only gripe i have is the tips stick out about 2-3" from the bumper. Kind of looks tacky but for this price i shouldn't be complaining.
Thanks! Since capn raider and you agreed on it so quick, new gasket it is!
I did read that it obviously sticks out on the '13s...guess only way to fix is to cut them then... :icon_rolleyes:

·
Registered
58 Posts
When it arrived it had gaskets, nuts and bolts (my 2013 oem pipes are nut and stud) and no band clamp for the 2 piece pipe. easy install just gettin it to sit right is the trouble. My 2013 2.0t 6mt is completely stock and id say this kit is just a lil bit louder than stock. im ok with that, it has a deeper tone and id say less drone than stock at highway. and a crazy noise when the wastegate opens. The website wont let me post pics cause ima noob, so i got pics if someone wants to help.
Funny...when mine arrived it had no gaskets, nuts and bolts BUT it had the band clamp for the pipes...hmmm...our shipping accessories got mixed up! give me my gaskets, nuts and bolts! lmao :D

Anyway, it's good you say that it's a lil louder than stock. So it's not obnoxiously loud. Can't wait to try it on this weekend!

For the pics, make an account with photobucket or imageshack or some picture hosting website and upload pics there then link it here using the icon with the mountain.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Honestly I dunno where u r gonna make a cut but take the car to muffler shop n they can heat up the rod n bend n see if they can fix it up that way

·
unce unce unce
2,854 Posts
Guess heating n bending the rod is better than cutting it up :rofl:
It's possible to be cut and re-welded. I know of a few people who have done it. I personally went to a muffler shop to get a quote on how much it would be and the dude quoted me $150 in labor :eek: Thats more than what I paid for the exhaust lol. So until i can justify spending $150 to cut and re-weld it'll sick out about 3" past.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Hey everybody just got a CBE from my homie at Phantom Garage installed on Wednesday, it fits 2009+ Genesis Coupes. Gotta say it makes the GC a BEAST!!! :gc-drool1: I can't help but boost every chance I get. It makes the car respond a lot better especially more torquey feeling. All this is done by the butt dyno, but in the end it is truly worth it. Trust me when I say at the price, it's a steal. I will be going back for some adjustments with the hangers, it's a little higher on the driver side than the passenger side. It's made out of SS and goes all the way back to the dp. There is no need for a test pipe as it goes all the way back. Overall I love the exhaust and can't wait to get a diffuser. I'll have video clips up soon.

Edited out non vendor contact information. Please don't post it again.
You could trip over the tips....they stick to far out IMHO....

201 - 220 of 298 Posts