Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 298 Posts

·
White 2.0T A/T
772 Posts

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
I can't help but think of the Seinfeld episode about the dentist.......anti-dentite

·
Registered
29 Posts
GC Junkie, is it possible for you to post pics of the tips coming out of the bumper (from the top looking down). I just want to know how much the tips are sticking out.

·
Pancakes..........bitches
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I tried taking some start-up videos and some quick revs earlier today but they came out shitty and really windy today. I'll try again over the weekend as well as taking more pictures.

·
White 2.0T A/T
772 Posts
id like to see some pictures of how long the tips extend out. So like a picture facing down on the trunk/bumper

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Lol 10 hour shifts, a hard schedule? I wish lol. Try 12 or so for 14 days in a row then a couple days off ;-)

On another note, the exhaust looks pretty nice, I like single exit more for 4-bangers though
Not on a GC :gc-drool1:

·
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Alright guys finally got it done today. Here is how far the tips stick out. Yeah...I know it's farther out than I would like, but tomorrow it'll all change as I'll be getting a custom downpipe done (I'm keeping the 02 sensor, I like my warranty). It's gonna be 3 in. then bottleneck to 2.5 in. Will also be adjusting how the exhaust currently is to about an inch in so the tips won't be sticking out much. A diffuser later down the line will help also.

Then the clip of start up and a couple revs.

Lastly, reason why I'm getting a custom downpipe. Have no idea why it's dented as I never ran anything over or bottomed out, and it was there before installing the CBE. :dunno:

·
White 2.0T A/T
772 Posts
tell them to record all the adjustments they made so the other kits they sell arent that extended. the crushed part is on your downpipe? The 09-12 have a dent similar to that but its by the resonator.

·
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
tell them to record all the adjustments they made so the other kits they sell arent that extended. the crushed part is on your downpipe? The 09-12 have a dent similar to that but its by the resonator.
I heard some fitments are better with other customers. I also think it's been mostly with the 2013's where the tips are sticking farther out than the 2012's. But thats just my thinking, anybody else have this exhaust and can chime in? These kits are already ready and boxed as well as being distributed. It won't be till another exhaust till further adjustments will be made. As I see it if you don't like how far the tips come out, just go to a reputable exhaust shop. They can move them in for a cheap price. Again, I "think" it's because it's on a 2013 GC.

·
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
GC, do you still have the exhaust tie bar on or did you remove it? is there still room to leave that bar on?
I took mine off just in case as I didn't want it to dent the piping, bend, or hear any rattle from rubbing while it is on. I was told it can be put back on, but I decided not to. Then again you just reminded me, hehe....I'll find out if I can tomorrow when I get to the exhaust shop.

·
Phantom Bawss!
9 Posts
dope CBE... I've seen it on a 2013 GC that Phantom Garage built for SEMA. I was told that they fabricated their own upgraded Intercooler piping and went with a large intercooler. And their intake setup was pretty cool. I saw the car last at Win Hyundai in El Monte.

·
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Yeah, they had this exhaust on their 2013 GC at SEMA. Once I saw a picture of it I had to have it. They had a diffuser on that car so the tips didn't stick out that much. But, it's not that bad either if you have a stock diffuser.

·
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #40 (Edited)
Yup adjustments are done and a custom downpipe in, no CEL since I kept the 02 housing. The sound is aggressive and makes my exhaust sound perfect for me, no drone either. Kept the whole system bolt-on and all diameter specs match up to each other so there is no way I could have a leak. Gotta say if your in the IE go to Roger's Exhaust Shop in Fontana; you can't miss it with the orange truck. Ask for Sparky and he can take care of you with ease. The quality and work is top notch, his welding is like art. They've been there for 15 years and love what they're doing. Anyways here are the pictures.

Everytime I look at my license plate I either see 6six6 or 6xsex6 lol. Yup, Lakers fan since 1989.

His welds before he painted them, seamless like an art.

21 - 40 of 298 Posts