Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

141 - 160 of 298 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
burnt tip or no?
really want to know how the fitment goes
ya i grabbed the burnt tips. I also ordered a depo 02 housing and dp along with the grimmspeed 3" to 2.5" adapter. I should be installing everything the week of the 15-19 because i have some time off for exams.

·
Registered
713 Posts
did u leave any special comment when ordering

·
Registered
713 Posts
border guard did u any trouble?

·
Registered
713 Posts
ya really interested in what border guard says n if there is duty at all.
yes i know the taxes but anything extra...

·
Registered
713 Posts
i wonder how big the box is.
i'd get u to pick mine up too dudebud lol

·
Registered
713 Posts
Residents Returning to Canada

Paying duty and taxes

The Canada Border Services Agency collects duty and taxes on imported goods, on behalf of the Government of Canada.

Duty is a tariff payable on a good imported to Canada. Rates of Duty are established by the Department of Finance Canada and can vary significantly from one trade agreement to another.

No duty is payable on goods imported for personal use, if it is marked as “made in Canada, the USA, or Mexico”, or if there is no marking or labelling indicating that it was made somewhere other than Canada, the USA, or Mexico.

Most imported goods are also subject to the Federal Goods and Services Tax (GST) and Provincial Sales Tax (PST) or, in certain provinces and territories, the Harmonized Sales Tax (HST).

·
Registered
713 Posts
hmm odd
just about to finalize the order and my balance shows 342 us

·
Registered
713 Posts
gc billed me 342 for burnt tip
77 shipping
357 at the end in canadian

·
Premium Member
9,859 Posts
thats right. with currency exchange its around 338-350 depending how paypal feels lol.
Not sure what rate they have, but accepting payments from Canada is another 1% on top of whatever they have. I.e if it's 6% for US payments then it's 7% for canadian payments on top of the currency conversion.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Not sure what rate they have, but accepting payments from Canada is another 1% on top of whatever they have. I.e if it's 6% for US payments then it's 7% for canadian payments on top of the currency conversion.
Paypals current exchange rate is 1 CAD = 0.957551USD

and this is what it was for the exhaust..

From amount $357.79 CAD
To amount $342.00 USD
Exchange rate: 1 CAD = 0.955867 USD

·
Registered
713 Posts
my exchange was at 1CAD = 0.957554 USD. So i ripped compare to dude

·
Registered
713 Posts
heard back from phantom garage

exhaust is made in taiwan

so we should expect duty on it

·
Registered
147 Posts
So I just picked up my exhaust from CBI this afternoon, it came in a really big box that didn't fit inside the GC, so took out the pipe and muffler and placed it into the trunk, pipe reached all the way to the driver seat. Duty has to be paid once crossing the boarder, it came up to $44. Getting it installed very soon, pics/videos will be posted.

141 - 160 of 298 Posts