Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for a gen with the raked look.

Dont know if this is the right section. But thanks.

Also are there any springs that will sit like this or only coil overs

·
Ex-DSMer
3,611 Posts
Gens have a bit of rake stock, so any springs or coilover settings that maintain a neutral or front biased drop will maintain this. Make sense?

·
Ex-DSMer
3,611 Posts
Guess why I went with a 20" wheel..

;)

HUGE fenderwells on this platform.

·
The 1st 2000GT
1,872 Posts
It doesn't look bad or super noticeable in person, but with my Tien S.tech springs the back sits about 1/4 inch higher than the front. I wish it was all about an inch lower, but like i said its not very noticeable unless you are looking to see if there is a rake at all.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts

Here's another for reference, this is my current ride height. WarGoddamn driving my car like a doucheeeeee jk lol

·
I miss my Genesis.
209 Posts
I just installed the Road Magnet springs...they for sure have a slight rake. I promise better pics and a mini review when I get a decent day to get out my camera; winter just isn't going away...

With better lighting, the rake is more noticable.

Just an FYI...the advertized drop is 1.2" F, 1.0" R. Actual, it was 1.25" F, 1.625" R (now 2 weeks after install).

·
Ex-DSMer
3,611 Posts
The Road Magnets settled??? I wouldn't have expected that from them. Updates on ride quality appreciated.

·
I miss my Genesis.
209 Posts
Actually, they didn't really settle...the height you see is about exactly what it was when I first lowered the car down after install.

Quick ride quality thoughts: Overall, it honestly feels about the same as stock, though a bit smoother over smaller undulations in the road (i.e., gaps between concrete sections of freeway, etc.), which I attribute to the fact that the front and rear springs are both progressive-wound. It's tougher to do a random "power over" slide, it just seems to have a bit more grip and not want to let go. More pics and further review coming soon... /threadjack :)

·
Registered
769 Posts

Here's another for reference, this is my current ride height. WarGoddamn driving my car like a doucheeeeee jk lol
Back in the days (late 90's), the Asian crowd called this the "budda" look here in SoCal. Sitting low in a slammed coupe (typically a Honda)....budda all the way....lol.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts