Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The car is going to be painted in Matte Black so just keep that in mind when looking at everything.

For the Front Bumper I was thinking the one used on the Greddy test car.

For the Side Skirts the ChargeSpeed set.

And for the Rear Bumper I like the was the VIS one looks.

What you guys think? Its kinda hard to find a kit thats put together on its own that I like. Any one else feel the same way?

·
Work in Progress
6,496 Posts
Personally I think it's going to look like a elementary school kids drawing. These kits are not really meant to be pieced together with other kits. I think it will be a big ol' mess.

I agree that I don't like ALL aspects of every body kit that inlcudes sides, front and rear bumpers however to piece it together is going to look messy. Best off is to find a couple pieces of the same manufacturer and stick with that but that's just my opinion.

Plus I'm not sure if that front bumper ever got released. I know that kit was suppose to be out in October 2010 but I never heard if any of the pieces actually dropped.

·
Registered
281 Posts
couldnt agree with coupedeville any better! go with one brand name and piece it together there, as for myself, I'm going with all M&S with the exception of the rear diffuser which will be ixion's... should hold most of the flow all together in the long run!

·
Premium Member
8,703 Posts
You can't get that rear bumper by itself. VIS only sells the AMS as a full kit.

Personally, I really don't like that front bumper. At the very least, go with the entire VIS kit. The AMS front end looks kinda similar to that.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
i think the rear bumper looks fugly..but your idea is good, idk what the other guys are talking about, as long as you dont get mismatching parts...like a front bumper that has edges on it and a rear bumper that has smooth lines...get what im sayin? you'll be fine

·
Premium Member
9,859 Posts
That side-skirt looks way too straight lined to be on the Gen. Doesn't follow the lines of the door at all. Also pointless vent:dunno:

·
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ
747 Posts
Rear bumper is too rice. If you are getting a front bumper with a huge opening, please get a fmic too. Seeing a rad through the enlarged opening is also somewhat rice. Just my 2c.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Rear bumper is too rice. If you are getting a front bumper with a huge opening, please get a fmic too. Seeing a rad through the enlarged opening is also somewhat rice. Just my 2c.
Agreed, FMIC is mando

·
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
^ I take it that you guys haven't seen my build thread. Take a look at that and you'll see why I'm looking for a new kit.
I think that I've decided to wait on the body kit. Probably just going to pull and roll the fenders to fit some larger wheels under the car. When that happens I'll have a new paint job and new Advan RG-D wheels so I think the body kit upgrade can wait.

·
Use the F'n Search Button
4,280 Posts
As others have stated, they don't really flow well together. It kind of looks just random parts were slapped on.

Some photoshopping might help

·
Registered
281 Posts
^ I take it that you guys haven't seen my build thread. Take a look at that and you'll see why I'm looking for a new kit.
I think that I've decided to wait on the body kit. Probably just going to pull and roll the fenders to fit some larger wheels under the car. When that happens I'll have a new paint job and new Advan RG-D wheels so I think the body kit upgrade can wait.

OoO nice choice of wheels my friend!!!! If I had the money to, RGDs are near the top o my list!

·
Hammer lane Hero
5,712 Posts
hana front bumper ftw, use the front-end off the second kit!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts