Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So first thoughts on this is that the customer service is excellent William Worley always responds quickly to my emails with the information i need. I went for the base flash because the only other performance mod i have is a downpipe as of now. This tune absolutely rips it really gives the car what it needed from Hyundai! Flashing it over was very simple even though i never saw the green button come on from the device to let me know it was done flashing (i did hear the click). I did pick up a prosport boost gauge to monitor the levels im at ive seen tops around 15 but i feel the gauge needs to calibrate and read proper boost levels to what the tune is capable of. One thing that had me confused was that i went to go drive my car later in the afternoon and it felt as if i hadn't tuned it at all. I was below a quarter tank of gas which i feel it makes the car drop a lot of boost but after i filled back up it was back at the level i had felt it earlier in the day. Overall i love this flash and i would recommend it to anyone.

·
Registered
397 Posts
the car is programmed to limit boost when fuel level is low so don't sweat it. I have the PRW Stage 1 tune and love it. It's funny you say you are only seeing 15 psi. I originally had the base tune as well and saw similar numbers. Now that I am Stage 1 I am seeing consistent 16-17 psi. Our boost both seem low in comparison to other tunes, but I have always assumed my gauge reads low as even with a stock tune I only saw 11.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm glad I'm not the only one thank you for actually clearing up the gas in the tank problem I had been telling my friends it feels like a (limp mode) and stock I was seeing the same readings why us lol

·
derp.
481 Posts
PRW ftw!! i got my stage 2 tune like two weeks ago and love it

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have the 91 octane stage 1 and it peaks around 16 too. Which is fine by me the other tunes taper to about the same boost levels and I feel more comfortable with 16 psi spike vs 20 the BTR tune I had before did. Seems to have more power going to 7200 rpm vs the BTR which kindof felt flat after 6500 rpm. The BTR 1:1 throttle can't be beat and the air fuel ratio is a little safer but for the price the PRW tunes are the best HP per dollar you can get.

·
Registered
397 Posts
really rainbow? that's interesting...but I am still not convinced this is how the tune should be acting. I remember BBB had seen a post of mine where I mentioned I was only seeing 14-15 psi with the base tune. He messaged me and told me I should be seeing 18-19 and to maybe play with the wastegate. If the base tune is good for that much then I'd assume the stage 1 is good for near 20 psi. Again, I have just always associated the low boost ratings with a bad gauge ($30 glowshift).

·
Registered
263 Posts
Interesting. Did he say where it tapers down to? I wouldn't worry too much about the peak boost since it lasts split second and you have to floor it from 2 grand to see it.

·
Registered
580 Posts
u guys with the prw tunes, have you guys dyno'd your vehicles yet??? curious to see your numbers and if you did what dyno did you dyno on

·
Registered
397 Posts
Negative, no dyno. Perhaps once I get an O2 housing and downpipe to fully take advantage of the tune I will do so. I also plan on finally getting a wideband to keep track of a/f. prws tunes are known to run really rich

·
Jedi Master
6,461 Posts
from what i can see you guys are reading boost from the a ta in gauge, i know therres a few psi difference from hat a tap in see's and what the stock MAP sensor see's. so you iihgt want to clarrifiy if it's map sensor or tap in, there are real factors as to why a tap in vs map sensor have different reading. also consider altitude, bbb is in florid, water level, pretty much unless you live by the beach, or new orlenas, your above the altufded the tune was made in.

·
Registered
397 Posts
lol what?

·
derp.
481 Posts
lol took me a good 3 minutes to understand the post. And there is a thread with a guy that dynoed with the prw stage 2, a white gen, with a video and everything

·
Registered
397 Posts
care to elaborate what he said?

·
derp.
481 Posts
Essentially that a tap in gauge reads a few psi different than what the stock MAF sensor sees, so you might wana clarify if you are reading it from a tap in or the stock maf sensor (probably a tap in). Most likely this difference is due to changes in altitude, since the prw tune was developed here in florida at mostly sea level, in any other state you are above the altitude the tune was intended for. thats where custom tunes have value over canned tunes

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
My PRW tune reads lower boost than I expected, too. I don't think it's the Glowshift gauge cuz my old tune read 22PSI peaks just like they told me. I was expecting this stage 1 tune to read 18 or 19 at peak, and it only reads 15 or occasionally 16. However, THE CAR FEELS JUST AS QUICK as it did, and in fact feels much more eager at lower RPM before spool, so I think that BBB's tune got a lot more out of the motor than the other tune ever did. I am happy with the tune.

·
derp.
481 Posts
22 psi on stock turbo? damnn.. My stage 1 would hit 17-18 and taper down. Now stage 2 it hits 19 and tapers down. Nonetheless both tunes were/are great in my experience .. the best bang for the buck no doubt

·
Registered
397 Posts
gotcha jose, thanks. ya its just tapped in

·
Registered
397 Posts
dan, i feel the same way. the power increase over stock is phenomenal. again the only reason i thought it may be my glowshift is the fact that even stock i was only seeing 11 psi when we are supposed to be 14..right? ha

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
It was 22PSI for a second around 3k and then a taper down to 14-15 at redline. I think you can run more timing with lower boost to make the same power with less heat/risk. I'm not sure about that since I own a Gencoupe and therefore have no way to learn about tuning, but it makes sense to me. LOL

I never had a boost gauge on the stock tune so I dunno what my car boosted to, stock.

·
zombie member
376 Posts
It was 22PSI for a second around 3k and then a taper down to 14-15 at redline. I think you can run more timing with lower boost to make the same power with less heat/risk. I'm not sure about that since I own a Gencoupe and therefore have no way to learn about tuning, but it makes sense to me. LOL

I never had a boost gauge on the stock tune so I dunno what my car boosted to, stock.
stock boost is at 12-13 psi, then tapers down to about 10 psi.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts