Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Jedi Master
6,461 Posts
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but is it just me or does it seem as if PRW died? BBB hasn't been on for over a month and the other owner has been banned. I've also tried to contact them via the "Contact us" on their website (no response). And also emailing them at "[email protected]".
will bill was banned from here again because he mentioned r&d'ing a intake manifold, and he's not a paying vndor, even though he mentioned it as a personal not as a vendor

·
Registered
32 Posts
hmm?

ok so maybe i need a lil clarification on something. I got the stage 1 tune through PRW and used the power axle module. I feel like maybe something is wrong w my ****. Im sure the gauge has something to do w it but im only seeing 13-14psi max w a tap in. I keep getting comments that w a tune I should be up near 17psi... This may be a stupid question but over time will it de-tune it self? again im no mechanic so I dont know. We dont have and speed shops local hear so Im left wondering.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Check for boost leaks. I had a similar issue at one point and was actually leaking boost from my boost gauge sensor tap. LOL

·
Jedi Master
6,461 Posts
no. there many reasons why this could happen. could you post a list of mods you have.

Also where are you tapped?

·
Captain Kernel
5 Posts
For those interested in starting to tune a GC and who have not done this before, here's my thoughts on the base tune from PRW:

PROs:
- Very simple and straightforward documentation
- Very simple to flash (did not hear the beeps, but the leds on the PA module started blinking when the flash was done)
- Feel more power to the butt-dyno, Checked
- Turbo spools faster, Checked
- The car is more agile on the street, Checked
- Better power curve (or so it seems to me), Checked
- Big difference from stock behavour
- No CELs, no other issues, Checked

Semi-CONs:
- My stock clutch started slipping in 5th gear with stock boost (which on my car was set at 13 psi and had stock spool/boost behavior), I raised it to 15psi as per PRW's instructions and the issue was gone and also the car pulled faster.

Now there is something I'd like to say so that everyone can see: William from PRW is an amazing guy. He's a very stand-up guy and has helped me a lot by his continued support on doing my mods. When it comes to customer support and experience I would recommend PRW as he has the best attitude I have ever seen. There is nothing more I can say on this matter. This is as good as it gets.

And before anyone says anything on this, yes I have also contacted SFR and BTR before going for the PRW tune and their support was really lacking in comparison. There is actually no possible comparison.

So for those guys who did not have another car tuned before (like me) PRW is the way to go from all points of view. Just follow the instructions to the letter, listen to PRW before you start making decisions about boost adjustments, and you will get a new car, a better car.

I forgot to mention my tune specs, I'm running Base Tune, 93 Octane/MT, I usually put 100 Octane (EU) + additive (higher octane + injector cleaning) when running the car.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts