Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
76,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Who all makes pistons and rods for the 2.0T and what are thier compression ratios?

1.Manley 9.0:1 (pistons and rods)
2.Buschur Racing 8.5:1 (made by Manley) pistons and rods
3.Beyond Redline ??:1 (pistons and rods)
4.CP ??:1 (pistons and rods)
5.Wiesco 9.25:1 (pistons only)
6.Mahle ??:1 (pistons only)

Also does anyone make overbore pistons?

Im obviously in the market and trying to look at all my options.

·
Fast Member!
2,273 Posts
K1 rods and wiseco pistons is what im going to run.

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
Thanks for starting this thread, as I'm also interested for future purchase.

BTW any experience with these would be helpful as I would love recommendations on who makes the higher quality products.

·
Ontario Genesis Club
3,356 Posts
Yup K1's are the best!

·
Resident Critic
841 Posts
Guess we know what Andrew is getting done. :)

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
Who all makes pistons and rods for the 2.0T and what are thier compression ratios?

1.Manley 9.0:1 (pistons and rods)
2.Buschur Racing 8.5:1 (made by Manley) pistons and rods
3.Beyond Redline ??:1 (pistons and rods)
4.CP ??:1 (pistons and rods)
5.Wiesco 9.25:1 (pistons only)
6.Mahle ??:1 (pistons only)

Also does anyone make overbore pistons?

Im obviously in the market and trying to look at all my options.
You know you can customize any brand you want.

Following all made for 3.8, but it can be done for 2.0t too.

I recently order JE piston with stock and 5mm oversized with 8.5:1 compression. Just remind me that I have to pick it up today...wow.

BC rod. Even crankshaft can be customize with stroke for 3.8, since they only have high comp type for 4.2 liter version.

Ordered valve spring kit

going to order head metal gasket too.

No difference in process except less price for piston and rod.

(2 p or 2 r less):D

·
Banned
7,214 Posts
I wanna say MAPerformance had a thread in for sale with all the brands, pics of em and all the specs...? gonna go look for it...

·
Premium Member
1,411 Posts
Our Rods/Pistons combo utilize 8.5:1 compression ratio, a custom connecting rod length and piston to allow for a more favorable rod/stroke ratio (among other things) and use a custom extra wide connecting rod bearing.

There is nothing else like it available from other companies. They are built for power and proven as such in our shop car (466 WHP) and MSUGEOMAN's (544 WHP).

Sorry to sound like a salesperson in this neutral thread , but I wanted to provide some insight regarding our product and what differentiates it from the competition.

·
Ontario Genesis Club
3,356 Posts
Guess we know what Andrew is getting done. :)
shhhhhhh lol

Yeah, like was said you can get all different sizes. I'm still new to the game and have been in research mode for the last few months. 8.5/1 IMO is the way to go. As we sit our engines seem to be at a high compression. Lower the compression allowing for higher boost equals have more fun being thrown into your seat.

Master VU should butt in too since I know he's having fun with this I'm pretty sure.

Now I dunno if it's just me, but if you're going to do the pistons and rods, I'd maybe be doing my valves, springs, sleeves etc. Saves time and money doing it sooner rather then later. Like I said though i'm still in my research phase.

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
shhhhhhh lol

Yeah, like was said you can get all different sizes. I'm still new to the game and have been in research mode for the last few months. 8.5/1 IMO is the way to go. As we sit our engines seem to be at a high compression. Lower the compression allowing for higher boost equals have more fun being thrown into your seat.

Master VU should butt in too since I know he's having fun with this I'm pretty sure.

Now I dunno if it's just me, but if you're going to do the pistons and rods, I'd maybe be doing my valves, springs, sleeves etc. Saves time and money doing it sooner rather then later. Like I said though i'm still in my research phase.

+1....^^^ That's what I plan to do. Pick up a used long block, send it to MAP at the new Texas location when they have it open, have them do the 2.4 Stroker kit along with the head work involving a 5 angle valve job, porting and polishing and a cermic coating.

·
Ontario Genesis Club
3,356 Posts
TUFast can u pm me details, that's sounds like a awesome plan!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts