Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title states, I am looking at taking a family trip to Canada, probably in the first week or 2 of August. We might go to Canada's Wonderland, will probably do a bit of camping, but nothing is set in stone. My wife speaks French fluently and has spent time in France, so English-only areas are not a necessity. In fact, she would prefer to get into areas where English is a second language, at least for a bit.

Since this board has many Canadians, I figured it would be crazy not to ask for ideas. Things we would be interested in seeing:
-Good, fun roads
-Unique, good restaurants
-Good camping/natural beauty
-Amusement parks, the bigger/faster the better
-Anything else interesting and uniquely Canadian

We would appreciate any ideas, and anyone who wants to hook up for a meal or drive let me know. We're open to about anything. We will probably take the GC and make it a long cruise, but like I said, nothing is set in stone.

· Gencoupe Hustler
398 Posts
stick to quebec...french is the prefered language there....and while your there tell them the rest canada still hates you.....LOL JK
canada's wonderland is the place to be, tons of fun...enjoy your stay

· Registered
15 Posts
there are some really nice roads an hour or so worth north of toronto and canadas wonderland area.

Belfountain and forks of the credit road are nice to check out. The Hockley valley rd just north of Orangeville is also a beautiful drive. Tons and tons of options around here you just need to explore.

· Registered
130 Posts
Lots of nice rides and views in and around Quebec city, from 1 to a couple of hours each. Less 'city rides' than Montreal, if that's what you are looking for. You can have a stay in Quebec City Google and ride around.

Quickly, some i've done regularly :
- Around the "Ile d'Orleans" Google
- You can also head to "La Malbaie", along the St-Lawrence river. Google
- Up to Stoneham/Tewkesbury and back from Valcartier (where you can even go to the summer station "Village Vacances Valcartier") Google
- Many others... like route 381 up to Chicoutimi, route 132 along the St-Lawrence, Route 155 up to La Tuque (the road... not the place...) Google

... just google streetview everywhere! You'll see what you'll get. Too bad many of the shots were done in autumn...

Et tout le monde y est accueillant, surtout durant les vacances! Pour ce qui est des attraits 'touristiques' je laisse la parole aux autres. La plupart aux Québec sont situés à Québec et surtout à Montréal (notamment "La Ronde" pour les parcs d'amusements).

Have a nice stay whereever you go!

· Registered
62 Posts
I would highly recommend you come down to Montreal, especially during the summer months. The Old Port is gorgeous and we undoubtedly have some restaurants in the city that rival some of the world's greats.

Check out Mont-Tremblant from Intrawest which always has tons of fun things to do.
You have to try a beaver tail and of course a poutine while you are in Quebec.

Quebec City is gorgeous and def a place that you would want to see.

You can check out Parliament Hill in Ottawa and there are a few museums in the area.

Do a quick search online for Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec, Ontario attractions and you will find plenty. But if you are looking for an amusement Park, Canada's Wonderland is amazing!

· Sold! Bought a WRX.
1,500 Posts
The strip clubs on the main drag in Montréal = :D:D:D

Other than that, I have nothing to add. Have fun in Canada... with your family. :squint:

· Ontario Genesis Club
3,354 Posts
Yeah Montreal and QC is great! But if you're in the toronto area. We're having a huge BBQ/Meet in Cambridge, on August the 7th, you should come on out.

· Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the feedback - looks like we are going through Niagra Falls, to Toronto, to Ottawa, Mont-Tremblant, and on to Montreal. Depending on how things are going (including time) we will try to hit Quebec City. It doesn't look good for QC - we have a lot of stuff to see in a short time.

We are looking at staying a day or so in each area, drive a bit, and on to the next.

As far as parts, are they really that much more up there?

· Registered
762 Posts
To bad you arent going to the west, Banf, Jasper national parks, the Okanagan Valley, kootenies, Shueshwaps, the golden prairies...and we have more gennys here in western cananda, Alberta has over 100 members alone lol

· Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, currently in Ottowa, getting ready for downtown. Things I have learned so far:
-Canadian tire is cool
-It's hard to get away from the US - everywhere you look is McDonald's, Wal-Mart, Wendy's...that sucks. It's bad enough that I have to deal with overcommercialization in the US. It's not as bad here, but I still exected lessof that stuff.
-.99/liter for fuel is not good. I got excited until I saw the "/liter" bit.
-100kph is not nearly as fast as it sounds
-The signs telling you the fines for how much you are over the limit are scary, especially the 50kph over ones.
-It's hard to keep milk bags closed in a cooler. Milk jugs, apparently, are nonexistant.
-Canadian Tire is still cool.
-In the US, if the change falls out of your pocket and runs down beside the seat, it is inconvenient. Here, you can go broke like that.
-Video games are freakin' expensive here. I should have brought some of those over to sell.
-There's proportionally more US cars here (from what I've seen) than in the US...not nearly as many Japanese cars. There's WAY more Hyundai/Kias here.

Saw a Nord Grey GC on QEW somewhere near Kingston today. Made me miss mine.

· Sex Machine
1,516 Posts
Sweet ur in my city now!! How long u in Ottawa for? You should go to the new Calypso water park. Its gonna be the biggest in Canada or North America can't remember. Only phase 1 of 3 is complete but everyone is loving it.

If u like sight seeing take a drive up to the Gatineau Hills, it's just 5 min from downtown. And visit the Museums if it get too hot outside... Their awesome!!

· Nord Grey 2.0 6 Spd
454 Posts
-In the US, if the change falls out of your pocket and runs down beside the seat, it is inconvenient. Here, you can go broke like that.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Next time you think about heading our way, hit the east coast and get to drive roads like this,

· tadam!
2,572 Posts
+1 for Montréal

· Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just got back from Ottawa, from advice I went to see Parliament Hill and the area. We managed to catch MosAika. All I can say is wow. Just wow.

We are leaving Ottawa tomorrow, headed for Mont Tremblant. We wish we had more time here, way too much to see in a day. Or a week.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.