Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Grand Touring
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello idk if im posting on the right spot ima new newb here but, i need help figuring out my light situation. So i recently ordered the HID’s from Diode Dynamics and i then saw after that it said OEM replacement ( i thought it was conversion kit) i have Halogen H7 bulbs. i want to know if theres a way to use those HID DS1 bulbs i bought and if so what do i need for them. i also ordered some h7 LED bc i just ddnt know what to do and theyre on their way here. can i convert them? or should i keep the LED and return the HIDs

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,989 Posts
Probably not on using the DS1s unless you can get a ballast kit for them. The Ds1 bulbs have the ignitor in the bulb vs in the ballast like regular HIDs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Probably not on using the DS1s unless you can get a ballast kit for them. The Ds1 bulbs have the ignitor in the bulb vs in the ballast like regular HIDs.
so do you recommend just returning the HIDs and keeping LEDs? it seems like making the HIDs fit is too much of a hassle

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,989 Posts
Personally I hate LED headlights. I have AM headlights that came with projector halogens. I used cheap HIDs for a few years and finally got some Morimito HID kits.

None the less they are not plug and play. You do have to wire in the bulbs and ballast.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Personally I hate LED headlights. I have AM headlights that came with projector halogens. I used cheap HIDs for a few years and finally got some Morimito HID kits.

None the less they are not plug and play. You do have to wire in the bulbs and ballast.
oh okay yeah i want to be able to use the HIDs instead of halogens, what would i need then in order to do that?

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,989 Posts

·
Registered
2013 3.8 Track 8 Speed
617 Posts
You had one of the few on this site i trustanswer you. That list is around 5 people. Not saying others will mislead you, but you can trust red raspberry will either give you the correct info or tell you he doesn't know.

Reactions: prodby40hz

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You had one of the few on this site i trustanswer you. That list is around 5 people. Not saying others will mislead you, but you can trust red raspberry will either give you the correct info or tell you he doesn't know.
yeah i appreciate his help, im new to this forum as well as car modding in general, so im glad that im starting to meet the good ones right from the start !

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i seen that you have the Solo Performance catback, how is that??? mine are shipping out the 4th so im excited to install them, i currently am running Ark Test Pipes on my car rn

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,989 Posts
Nothing is going to be plug and play. The above link is what you need but they will need some installation modifications.

It looks like a two relay set so you are going to have to pass a wire from inside though a dust cap or drill a hole in a dust cap to get the inside wires out to the relays.

Some HID bulbs come with a grommet for 1" hole and the bulb has 4 wires, 2 out for relay, 2 back in for bulb.

I have never seen the connectors they use to be worthy of use. But unless I can see it I don't know what they have to offer.

It would probably be a good idea to get a couple new dust caps to drill the holes in.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.