Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have a 2010 Bk1 2.0t and all I have done to it is a CAI w/ a test pipe and Axle back. I’ve had the CAI Intake on my car for 2 months now. It recently started making this really bad sound when it’s spooling when I give it gas to accelerate. It’s sounds like the Wastegate is sticking open or closed? I don’t know. and it’s not building boost properly. I’ve taken out the solenoids and sprayed them with Wd-40, and them back in. I know with the stock bov and silencer delete the car is makes a noticeable noise when spooling. But Trust me, this noise is completely different then that. PLEASE HELP THIS REALLY FRUSTRATING!

·
Premium Member
15,281 Posts
take off the tube going to the turbo inlet. Put hand in and moving up and down, left and right, rotating it slightly to see if the impeller is catching on anything while spinning.

If it is, then you need a new turbo. You could rebuild it, but I high suggest not going that route, unless you have a $5000 turbo balancer machine.
It touching the housings, likely damaged the impeller/compressor throwing off the balance anyways.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Check all your hot pipe clamps and any silicone elbows. Sounds like you possibly popped one off/loose/ or maybe even a failed siliconeconector.
Symptoms include it runs in vac but has no boost, makes lots of whooshing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Check all your hot pipe clamps and any silicone elbows. Sounds like you possibly popped one off/loose/ or maybe even a failed siliconeconector.
Symptoms include it runs in vac but has no boost, makes lots of whooshing.
Your Diagnosis sounds spot on to what I’m experiencing. I Just hear a super loud Whoosing air noise like a hose or connector is very lose?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Your car is pretty old. If I were you I would dismantle the entire hot pipe assembly and all the intercoooler piping. Clean out any oil you migh have in the IC piping. Inspect the compressor side of your turbo. This should be done every 15 to 20 K even without problems. You obviously have something going on. Inspect all you silicone connectors. Replace if necessary. I would substitute T-bolt clamps wherever you have worm gear. Buy high quality T-bolts:. Dont freak out if there is oily coating in your IC pipes. This is good to clean out though, it can contribute to LSPi

Any of these are good quality T-bolts:
Vibrant performance
HPS
Treadstone

1 - 11 of 11 Posts