Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked around a bit but haven't found a definitive answers - I want to pick up the Kiwi wifi or bluetooth, anyone know what it tracks by default? Guessing some standard ones like speed, rpm, voltage, water temp, intake temp, engine load, etc...I'm sure there is a laundry list.

Out of the box I would love if it tracked the boost but I've heard it will not without an adapter and module which nearly triples the price. Anyone set this up in a 2013?

·
xFa
446 Posts
your talking about the OBD2 scanner? if so i think all of them you need a phone app with, like this..

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yes the odb2 - is that a pic of your setup (sweet!)? Which odb reader are you using, and does the odb push out boost / vacuum without requiring an external module? And what is the app (I can't tell if it's on an Android / iPhone or something custom)?

I was looking at this:

PLX Kiwi Bluetooth

Which may require these two other components to measure boost if the odb doesn't push that out by default:

Adapter

Boost Sensor

So I'm trying to figure out if I need these other tack ons, or if it will push this data out to an app without the add on sensor / adapter.

If there is another reader you guys are using I'm open to suggestions (just want to know if there is anything at all extra that I need beyond a simple plug in to the ecu with an app)

***Just noticed 'Bust a Move' - started singing out loud with a little dance, had a few people giving me strange looks in the office

·
xFa
446 Posts
LOL love that song. I use ELM 327 and DashCommand. Wifi because you can't use a Bluetooth setup with the iPhone unless its jail broken. And DashCommand has several dash setups, and I believe torque does as well.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wow the dash command looks different from the screen shots / pics I've seen it, is it a custom skin / theme?

Think I found it local, is this what it looks like?:

ELM327 BLUETOOTH DIAGNOSTIC INTERFACE OBD2 OBDII Ver1.4 | eBay

Do you have a link to the proclip?

Incredible that it captures boost without another sensor...I was thinking I was going to buy all sorts of gadgets to get it up and running.

Also, is there a reasonable logging feature?...i.e. recording the data so I can crunch it / review in a spreasheet so I don't have to stare at it while I'm driving

(sorry for all the questions, I get all giddy around new gadgets)

·
xFa
446 Posts
wow the dash command looks different from the screen shots / pics I've seen it, is it a custom skin / theme?

Think I found it local, is this what it looks like?:

ELM327 BLUETOOTH DIAGNOSTIC INTERFACE OBD2 OBDII Ver1.4 | eBay

Do you have a link to the proclip?

Incredible that it captures boost without another sensor...I was thinking I was going to buy all sorts of gadgets to get it up and running.

Also, is there a reasonable logging feature?...i.e. recording the data so I can crunch it / review in a spreasheet so I don't have to stare at it while I'm driving

(sorry for all the questions, I get all giddy around new gadgets)
It looks like the first one.
I don't im on my phone but you can google proclip for 2013 gen coupe.
It's a custom face. You can make your own when you get the dashcommand app as long as you have a windows pc.
It records the data and plays it back for you. I've only recorded it once and so far I haven't found if there's a spread sheet but it does play it back for you.
Don't worry about questions I had to learn it all by doing it because I couldn't find what I wanted either.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That did the trick, thanks...I was looking for at Ebay canada...the crap that came back was terrible

Hoping that I can pick this up locally this weekend, fingers crossed! :D

·
xFa
446 Posts
That did the trick, thanks...I was looking for at Ebay canada...the crap that came back was terrible

Hoping that I can pick this up locally this weekend, fingers crossed! :D
=)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts