Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

181 - 200 of 545 Posts

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,267 Posts
well while were on the topic better yet not to go too far off topic i have a question 87 or 92 i know the car can run either reuglar or premium but does it really make that big of a difference ?_?
On a stock car 87 for everyday use, especially when the ambient temps are below 85F or so.

·
Miss Behave Ng
879 Posts
I'm getting between 8.6 to 10.5L/100km (not sure what that is in mpg) on my 2.0T. Then again, I do 60% highway, 40% city driving. And when I'm in the city, my a/c is off.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
stop and go, it can easily drop to 17mpg.

but, i regularly average 23-25mpg.... driving it fairly normal. a pull here and there, anywhere from 30-50mph in 4/5/6th gears around town with stop signs and traffic lights all over the place.

I see 27-29 on the highway when its flat. a bit less when its hilly.

i've seen 38mpg when i went from 3k feet elevation back to 300 feet elevation 50 mile trip :)

no a/c (hardly ever use it), always 93 in the tank

·
If u don't kno, now u kno
1,605 Posts
i get average 23-24 mpg and i'm a moderate leadfoot...sometimes 25-26 mpg if i'm real lightfooted

·
Registered
215 Posts
Anyone getting brutal mileage should learn to drive... I average 25mpg and I'm by no means a conservative driver :rofl:

Canadian 3.8 6-speed w/ Nav

·
Registered
494 Posts
I don't know why this topic was revived. I am 99% sure that people who get poor mileage also drive poorly.

As long as I keep rpm low, I can easily get 25mpg driving 60% highway, 40% city. My friend drove one day, it was 17mpg. This should be the case for most of you...

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
I dont know why people insist on posting when they don't read a thread. Do you same guys jump into the middle of a conversation in real life with off topic banter?

Check the videos of 2.0T AUTOMATICS using CRUISE CONTROL on FLAT roads getting well below rated MPG.

·
「まんがをえ&#
2,483 Posts
well drove from va to OC in MD and I got 25.7 avg. 3.8 auto with 93. Also, I have AC on throughout, back and forth.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Just got back from another fun little road trip. The drive there I got 23.61 mpg but that includes a 20 mpg average of about 100 miles beforehand. My trip home was 24.4 mpg but that includes a drive to work which is mostly highway anyways (~17 miles). No speed racer **** on my drive to work. If I had to guess I was probably about 25 before my drive to work. Nothing crazy on the highway driving, just cruising around for the most part at 75 mph with maybe a little 80 here and there to pass. If you think low mpg is caused by "poor driving" then you have no actual experience driving the 5 speed A/T and are ignorant posting your unsupported, shoot-from-the-hip opinion.

·
2.0T Canned SFR July 2010
352 Posts
all city driving (like 90%)

2.0t auto

filled up twice since i got the car (dealer gave mysterious 87 before, then i've been putting 91 shell v-power)

avg 12.8-13.0litres/100km ---- 18mpg

pretty bad but it was expected as marketed, plus i boost almost everyday for the turbo fun

2.0T 5-speed auto
20 mpg-US = 12 L/100 km CITY
30 mpg-US = 7.8 L/100 km HWY

·
1,605 Posts
yea...the 2.0T AT has worse MPG ratings than the MT b/c of the gearing...

·
Registered
64 Posts
This is surprising. I don't own a GC (yet). I have a 2008 Elantra auto which is supposed to get 33mpg highway. I travel from Reno, NV to Fresno, CA (300 miles) regularly. On the way to Fresno I am dropping elevation and I have calculated as high as 42mpg with A/C on 90% of the time. On the way back I am gaining elevation and still see 30-32mpg with A/C on. Also, it is worth noting that I average between 71-72mph during these trips. That means that there are times that I am going about 80 and times I am going about 60.

When I am in town and traveling between home and my office I get about 29-30mpg. That is about an equal split between city and freeway.

I know Hyundai can do better than what you guys are reporting.

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts

I know Hyundai can do better than what you guys are reporting.
3 of the 4 transmission options get good MPG. I can easily get 31MPG cruising at 70mph in my 2.0T 6MT and I'm making ~300whp... It's just the 2.0T with automatics getting bad MPG under normal driving conditions.

·
her name is Miranda ;)
1,191 Posts
3 of the 4 transmission options get good MPG. I can easily get 31MPG cruising at 70mph in my 2.0T 6MT and I'm making ~300whp... It's just the 2.0T with automatics getting bad MPG under normal driving conditions.
What are the four options? 5AT, 6AT, 6MT, and...?

·
1,605 Posts
181 - 200 of 545 Posts