Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ve kind enough been going around and maybe I’m not looking on the proper thread but I installed my coilovers and at first it was just going down my driveway it would do the popping noise coming from my rear driver side but it got worse every bump I go over is just pop or clunk I took the wheel off because I thought my fender was hitting my tires and causing the noise but that’s not the case popping is still there any ideas or info on what I should do ?? What I should tighten ?? Need help no my strut is not out they are brand new Megan coils

·
Reader of many threads
1,424 Posts
Locking nut get loose? Bad spring preload?

Can you get it to pop by pushing down hard on the trunk on that corner? Maybe open the trunk and sit on the loading ledge and give it a couple bounces just to check.

Is it consistent (eg. every single bump / rough surface)?

Jack it up, take the wheel off and see if the spring is looser than when you installed it.

Failing the spring, it could be a suspension link. Or your rear sway bar - check if it's close/touching something.

·
Registered
237 Posts
i had the same issue on my passenger rear when i installed my BC coils, ended up being the bottom locking collar not being tightened enough.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts