Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Have you seen my pants?
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2010 GenCoupe 3.8 Auto with 6000 kms, lately I have noticed a popping / banging sound coming from the front suspension when I travel over bumps. They don't have to be large bumps, even a little dip in the road produces this popping sound. It occurs on both driver and passenger sides. I have done no mods whatsoever and I barely drive the damn thing. Anybody have similar issues? What was the outcome? I have an appointment at my local dealer for next week to check this out. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
251 Posts
You'll get used to it lol,

I have the same problem, popping sound comming from the front suspension and sometimes from the back. The sound is noticed only on low speeds.

4 visits to the dealer and the issue is still not resolved, they still cannot locate where the sound is coming from exactly.

I hate the suspension of this car because its generally feels weak and cannot handle the weight of the car.

·
2.0T
325 Posts
Probably A loose nut on one of your anti sway bars.....I had A popping sound and this fixed it. I Had to heat up the nut first tho.

·
Have you seen my pants?
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Probably A loose nut on one of your anti sway bars.....I had A popping sound and this fixed it. I Had to heat up the nut first tho.
I hope it is something as simple as this...I just don't want this to become a constant problem. I will find out on Thursday.

Thanks for the replies :)

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
yeah check the sway linkage at the strut. 19mm just went over my suspension yesterday doing adjustments and noticed i had one looser than i wanted.

·
Knows some stuff...
6,852 Posts
my fault, I ment to quote the second post
You'll get used to it lol,

I have the same problem, popping sound comming from the front suspension and sometimes from the back. The sound is noticed only on low speeds.

4 visits to the dealer and the issue is still not resolved, they still cannot locate where the sound is coming from exactly.

I hate the suspension of this car because its generally feels weak and cannot handle the weight of the car.
read this thread
http://www.gencoupe.com/general-discussion/36297-rear-end-noise.html

To the OP, Try to push down (if your are srtong enough) or pop your hood and stand somewhere inside (obvoiusly chose a strong area to do this) and jump up and down flexing your suspension to see if you hear it. To rule out if it is a moving issue only or a all around suspension problem.

·
Registered
251 Posts

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
I'm going to put my car on jack stands, pull all the torque specs for all suspension bolts from the Hyundai Service Website & torque all the bolts underneath my car. That way I will know if any are left loose, because I'm tired of the popping/knocking noises I hear from my suspension intermittently.

·
Have you seen my pants?
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm going to put my car on jack stands, pull all the torque specs for all suspension bolts from the Hyundai Service Website & torque all the bolts underneath my car. That way I will know if any are left loose, because I'm tired of the popping/knocking noises I hear from my suspension intermittently.
Good thinkin.....I hate noisy suspensions with a passion, it really cheapens the feel of the car IMO

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I'm bringing mine in on thursday to have it checked also. I got a rattle/knock coming from the rear on the driver's side when I go over bumps.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts