Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
You don't have to have a complete lock up, every spoonful of water in a cylinder raises the compression rate. As little as 2 ounces of water can have a negative affect. This problem happened during a little splash, so that says that yes water is the contributing factor.

·
Advenio Pariter
3,829 Posts
And this would be a comprehensive claim. In Illinois this does not raise the rates.
Same in Pennsylvania. I hit a deer in 2006 and it cost me my $100 deductible.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Amazing..in Canada, if you tried to claim something like that under your car insurance they would say "non OEM part installed, caused or contributed to damage" - no coverage. Period. Personally I would agree with them on this point too.

·
...4, 3, 2, 1
1,486 Posts
@Redraspberry ...the US has some pretty damn good craft breweries too!

·
Registered
8 Posts
so I had a similar situation with another car.

pulled in enough water at IDLE to stall the car, no real damage.

the problem was water was sitting in the intake manifold, so as soon as I got to a certain rpm it would pull in enough air to pull in some of that water causing it to stall.

first thing I did was take out the spark plugs, remove the fuel pump/injector relay and try to start the car. any water in the cylinders should shoot out through the holes where the plugs go.

next I disassembled all of the intake piping. dumped the water out (there was a ton sitting in the lowest parts) took time to clean the pipes of oil aswell, had no catch cans.

ran like it never happened afterwords.

the thing is, you have a lot of piping for the water to be settling in. that could be why it is able to rev higher now, you've slowly been sucking the water out of the pipes.

just a guess, good luck!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts