Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

41 - 60 of 95 Posts

·
Potential GC buyer
34 Posts
Hyundai Canada is now offering 0% finance for 60 months. It's a good time to buy if you plan to finance the GC. Although I'm still waiting for 2011 model, it's so tempting...!

·
Registered
12 Posts
The Tax on Tax

Hey Guys...
did anyone else notice that the Gas and Air conditioner taxes were then subject to GST and PST... Yip... Taxed on Tax.

Ouch!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hey Guys...
did anyone else notice that the Gas and Air conditioner taxes were then subject to GST and PST... Yip... Taxed on Tax.

Ouch!
I made the same mistake, but throw in Tire Tax as well...FML.

·
Monkey
150 Posts
Hyundai Canada is now offering 0% finance for 60 months. It's a good time to buy if you plan to finance the GC. Although I'm still waiting for 2011 model, it's so tempting...!
The 0% is worth doing it now for. Even a low finance rate like 1.9% can add thousands to the end cost of the car over your payment period.

I'm jumping in because buying a base coupe with cash knocks $4500 off the car's price right now. $19,995 for a genesis is a ridiculously good deal. That tells me that I have plenty of negotiating space if I choose to finance the car at 0% If I can knock a couple grand off the sticker, and get 0% over 5 years I will take it and the low monthly payments. If not I'll pay cash and get $4500 off. I think I know what they'll choose :D

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Not true. In reality you only have about $1500 in negotiating room since the $4500 for the cash deal is diven back to the dealer from head office. Unless you think a dealer is willing to sell you a car and lose $4000 at the same time...

The 0% is worth doing it now for. Even a low finance rate like 1.9% can add thousands to the end cost of the car over your payment period.

I'm jumping in because buying a base coupe with cash knocks $4500 off the car's price right now. $19,995 for a genesis is a ridiculously good deal. That tells me that I have plenty of negotiating space if I choose to finance the car at 0% If I can knock a couple grand off the sticker, and get 0% over 5 years I will take it and the low monthly payments. If not I'll pay cash and get $4500 off. I think I know what they'll choose :D

·
Registered
56 Posts

i dont' get what you are saying, you are going to get the car for $4500 off and 0% finance?

just buy a carcost report or go through the posts, plenty of people have posted

right now you will get $300 over invoice plus any incentives, thats a good deal, take it

don't work from the msrp back, your working blindly, use the invoice price and go from there

your confusing the cash rebate with how much the car is marked up, the 2 are totally not related, the $4500 comes from hyundai canada to the dealer, any discounts you negotiate on the car come out of the dealers pocket

·
Registered
56 Posts
just fyi, the invoice on the base manual is $23,047.00, retail is $24,495.00 (this is the only model eligible for $4500 rebate, all others are $3000 rebate for cash)

BEST case scenario a dealer would sell it to you for is invoice (good luck, wont' happen), you can get it for $300 over invoice, i just bought one and cowcow just bought one, we'd be happy to refer you to get the same deal, it sounds like we were both pleased with our dealer

so take the invoice price, add $300, now subtract a $4500 cash incentive if paying cash, if you want to do 0% for 60 months, great, but kiss that $4500 goodbye, hyundai canada will only give the dealer that rebate if you pay cash

and than add all the usual stuff, freight, ac/tax etc

taxes on top of everything

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Here's hoping that this discount is retroactive and I can get the discount for my cash purchase 3 weeks ago.
You can't get the discount back since Hyundai corporate wouldn't allow it which is where the dealer get their $3000/$4500 from for the cash rebate.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just ordered mine!

I just ordered mine in Vancouver. Base model (I only need it on weekends, couldn't justify spending more). Got it for invoice + 500, which I'm happy with. Have to wait a while to get a white one in. So far I had a good test drive and good overall purchasing experience.

Now the wait begins...

·
Mygenesis519
27 Posts
Tell me if this sounds like a decent deal

used White Hyundai Genesis 2.0T Premium ( Purchased AUG 09)
only 4000 kms on it

ALL-IN at $26,000

·
Monkey
150 Posts
i dont' get what you are saying, you are going to get the car for $4500 off and 0% finance?

just buy a carcost report or go through the posts, plenty of people have posted

right now you will get $300 over invoice plus any incentives, thats a good deal, take it

don't work from the msrp back, your working blindly, use the invoice price and go from there

your confusing the cash rebate with how much the car is marked up, the 2 are totally not related, the $4500 comes from hyundai canada to the dealer, any discounts you negotiate on the car come out of the dealers pocket
Warning: Wall of text.

Better the dealer's pocket than mine :rofl: I'm a huge asshole when I need to be, if I have to choose between saving myself some hard earned money and letting someone else have it, I'll keep it every time. I knew going in what my price goal was and payed less than that. I worked in retail management for 11 years, so I know that if you walk into a business, and stomp your feet they will eventually give you what you want just to get you out. A car dealer will take a loss once in a while if they assume you'll be back again in the future. After today I'll be sending everyone I know to them.

I worked out a deal for 0% and got close enough to the price I wanted for a base coupe. I was planning on paying cash, but if I can put most of that $25K (after PST/GST taxes) back in the bank to collect interest I'll do it.

I pick the car up tomorrow morning. It had 40kms on it when I got there and 66kms after my test drive. Most of the shipping vynil is still on the car. My salesman was new, it was his 6th day on the job, and he was pretty green. This was his first sale and he wasn't very well equipped to handle us. I took my brother with me, who is a mathematical anomoly and if he had been talking instead of me, would have probably gotten a better deal than what I walked out with. They first came out and offered me the car for $19,995 with an %8.35 interest rate, at which point I got a bit angry. I sent him back to get me my 0% at which point he asked me to join him and the finance guy for a meeting.

He gave me a piece of paper with his numbers on it and within 5 seconds my brother found the numbers didn't add up. We corrected the error and I offered $19,995 plus taxes/etc at 0%. He wanted more because the car had some accesory package including a block heater, the overpriced molded mudflaps, the rubber floormats, trunk liner, locking nuts and some other crap I could care less about.

I noted that they had already offered me the car with financing for $19,995, and that a higher interest rate will only get RBC (who the loan came from) more money and not the dealer. The loan is not with Hyundai credit, but with RBC. As soon as I had that information I was confident I would be able to knock off a significant amount. I assume the dealership takes out a loan from RBC to pay the $19,995 cash to Hyundai, at which point they will get the rebate allowing them to sell the car at $19,995 with or without financing making it even more attractive. The majority of the time people will take the higher interest after seeing the lower sticker price. I would assume a youger guy would have seen thier first offer and jumped on it, but I'm in my 30s (though I look closer to 25), have perfect credit and absolutely no debts at all so I'm not as eager. So we chilled out a little and the guy basically told me he was just trying to make a little money. I'm a huge fan of honesty so I ended up meeting him somewhere in the middle. I figure despite paying under the invoice listed in robmack's post, they still made about $2K on the car. They make a little on the car, we all go home happy and my salesman sells his first car. Good day all in all.

All said and done I made a bit of a down payment to keep the monthly payments down, opted for better warranty coverage, and I am paying $370/month for 60 months.

I'll likely be heading back before winter to pick up a used truck as I still need a second vehicle to replace my current 2nd car. Once we were on the same page, they were great guys to deal with and shoot the breeze with. The finance guy I talked to was about my Dad's age, and we probably spent more time chatting than actually closing the deal.

Thanks again Cowcow for the GT premium deal information you sent me. If I lived in your area I likely would have jumped on it, very much appreciated :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
congrats! i'm still waiting for mine to be delivered and going nuts

so long story short, what price did you get the car for and what interest rate?

·
Mygenesis519
27 Posts
Don't buy from this place

I went into a dealer ship in London Ontario "Finch Hyundai" worst place ever.... In the back of my mind i know a dealer shop in toronto can give me $30,000 for 2.0t auto premium, so i asked him for a quote and he gave me 31,800 or something like that, i said that seems like a lot compare to other places i been too. This is the first thing he said to me, maybe this is not the car you are looking for, maybe you should look at an alternative car, down grade. For some reason i took that as an insult probably was too. He told me if he sells the car to be at $30,000 he only makes 300 dollar, i mean thats insane no away he only makes 300 dollar for selling a car. Very rude, never going there again, no wonder they had 12 genesis on their parking lot.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do you guys think the 0% for 60 months/$4500 or $3000 off deal could or would be extended? Or that I'd be able to get it after June 30th? I've been looking into this car for a while, but I wasn't sure if I was ready to make the jump so soon.

I've got no objections to bringing home a gen of my own, though! I'm in the process of moving at the end of the month, so I was hoping it could wait until that mess was all cleared up.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Do you guys think the 0% for 60 months/$4500 or $3000 off deal could or would be extended? Or that I'd be able to get it after June 30th? I've been looking into this car for a while, but I wasn't sure if I was ready to make the jump so soon.

I've got no objections to bringing home a gen of my own, though! I'm in the process of moving at the end of the month, so I was hoping it could wait until that mess was all cleared up.
my friend and i signed the contract on May 1st, we still havn't received our VIN# yet.....
we arn't in a hurry, so dealership has submitted our order,
and confirm it won't be a dealership trade.....my friend's 2.0T might
come earlier/later than my 3.8....never know...dependin' on the korean's production line @ the assembly plant.

but my dealership did state that the 2010 is still in production until july.

correct me if i'm wrong plz

·
2.0T Canned SFR July 2010
352 Posts
$26,500 on the road
2.0T Auto (cause the girl can't be bothered learning stick)

only paid for ac$100,gas$75,omivc$5 and freight$1565 on top of invoice+276markup-rebate*tax

·
Registered
88 Posts
32k all taxe included out of the garage for a 2.0T GT. best offer i got so far.

with windows tints
all weather genuine plastic floor mat front and rear
trunk plastic protector

Hyundai St-Foy - 32k seller name - Denis Cormier
Hyundai Gabriel - Seller name = Moe at 32 160$

·
Registered
198 Posts
32k financed..2.0 manual base model.....A little tip...if you finance make your payments by-weekly...I saved 30$ per month.

41 - 60 of 95 Posts