Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

201 - 220 of 1444 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Caught myself doing a triple take on a MiraBlue parked near my house at a gym. I had the urge to go in and check to see if it was 2.0t or 3.8, but felt too embarrassed to after already doing a triple take...lol..so thats how it feels haha.

·
Registered
968 Posts
no joke every single day someone asks me what kind of car i have and then theyre like sweet car man. Had the guy at chickfila drive thru ask me if it was a GTR lmao

·
Knows some stuff...
6,852 Posts
Caught myself doing a triple take on a MiraBlue parked near my house at a gym. I had the urge to go in and check to see if it was 2.0t or 3.8, but felt too embarrassed to after already doing a triple take...lol..so thats how it feels haha.
lol I feel you there. I saw a grey car that looked sweet, wonder what is that.... and they I find out it is a GS. lol But at least I didn't trip. :D

·
Pshhhhh squared
1,046 Posts
Have another one.
Went to Subway today to grab a sub before working out. Kid was lighting a cigarette and walking all while staring at my car.

·
***** Know It All
415 Posts
So, I have 2 from the past couple weeks.

About 2 weeks ago, I went to grab a bite with some friends, and I met them inside the lounge. I come up to them laughing, because they're watching 2 guys walk around my car trying to figure out what it is.

Today, I went to go get some groceries, when I had a Tiburon V6 owner seek me out in the Grocery store to find out how I liked it and what it was like. I thought it was kinda cool as no one has seeked me out like that before.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I've had far too many to list, but I'll mention 2.

Yesterday 2 guys pulled up next to me and honked asking me what car it was, I asked them what do you think? "is it an Aston?" I said "Hyundai". They didn't say anything for like 15 seconds, lIght goes green, then I hear the passenger shout "that's one bad mother f'er"

and just this morning I was getting my daily coffee when a construction pickup blocked the drive through exit and came up and asked what it was. Same story, I asked him what he thought "is it a bentley?" I just pointed at the steering wheel's crooked h. He couldn't believe it.

Needless to say I gave him and his buddies a little goodbye rev, it was obligatory ;)

this happens practically every day, especially since I finally got my wheels on.

:)

·
Registered
891 Posts
Clueless guy #1: Woah what car is that?
Clueless guy #2: Dude, you don't know what that is? It's a Scion...
Clueless guy #1: Ohhh.
Me: /facepalm

·
Registered
71 Posts
The day after I got the car in my hands I went into a grocery store with my girlfriend, and as we were just getting out (we bought a small ice cream bar, although we were looking for a keychain for my new car keys) some guy walks in hurriedly to inform his friend that "The car is a manual."

I'm pretty sure they were talking about mine, since it was basically the only car in the sad parking lot.

In retrospect the ice cream was terrible.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I went to a NOS import face off event Sunday.
In a world of GTRs, 370s, etc. I had people all day stopping to ask what the car was, take pictures of it, etc. The people who knew what it was, but hadn't seen one, were equally impressed and made comments like "Hyundai has come a long way."
Side note, I saw my old Tib there. Small world.

·
Torque Junky
1,643 Posts
I zoomed by a corvett and the guy catches up to me at the light and was like what the hell you got in the a ls motor swap? LOL I was like no its a 4 banger he was like No shiit! We then proceeded to race c5 6spd beat him by 3 cars!

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I zoomed by a corvett and the guy catches up to me at the light and was like what the hell you got in the a ls motor swap? LOL I was like no its a 4 banger he was like No shiit! We then proceeded to race c5 6spd beat him by 3 cars!
Lol thats what a nice area under the curve would get you...after tossing that anemic stock turbo away..a real mans car that pulls like no other

·
Torque Junky
1,643 Posts
yep 350 ft tq at 3600rpm!

·
Registered
638 Posts
I was at. Drive through at Tommy's burger and the guy asked me "hey is that a celica?" I was about to throw my coke in his face!!

My cars been called a lexus, beamer, but a celica? :(

·
Torque Junky
1,643 Posts
you do a quarter mile yet?
Not yet, waiting on plugs to come in , it breaks up in 4th now. HKS has been out of stock for 2 months now!

201 - 220 of 1444 Posts