Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

361 - 380 of 1444 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
I just got done parralel parking in Chicago. this woman in her rollerblades comes up to my passenger side window so my g/f rolls down her window.... She proceeds to ask what kind of car it was and we tell her.. then she says the word... the word that i Hate with a passion... "oh me and my fiance thought the car was CUTE!!" .... thats when my face turned all emotionless and I said "thanks".... and when she started blading away.. i was like "cute? really? cute?" and my g/f was cracking up in her seat...

·
Registered
680 Posts
^ lol.. i had a girl say that to me once.. and that'll be the last time she says that to anyone.. :fleshbox: hahaha.. i kid.. i kid :p

no but seriously :squint:... i said "well.. thats not the word i would use to describe it, buutttt, im glad u like it! cue fake smile "

·
Nord Grey 2.0 6 Spd
454 Posts
This one was self induced.

Had the AEM intake put on today and on the way home I was stopped next to a Mountie. I couldn't resist! Gunned it, the fine whiiiiiiiiiiine pssssssssssh sound and his head snaps over. He shakes his head, grins and procedes to get in front of me doing exactly the speed limit the whole way home......:rofl:

·
Nord Grey 2.0 6 Spd
454 Posts
Head about 700 miles northwest and put your foot in it. I'm sure one will find you to explain it all.......:p

·
Registered
891 Posts
I was wondering the same thing...I figured it had something to do with the popo...learn something new everyday.

Now, if I ever encounter a RCMP and I call him a mountie, does that equate to me calling an officer in the States a Pig? Just so I know and don't accidentally call a RCMP a mountie and end up missing teeth...

·
Nord Grey 2.0 6 Spd
454 Posts
Not at all. Rarely do folks refer to them by the full title. Mountie is how most everyone, including Mounties refer to them.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Gotcha, however, if you're lying to me, I will find you and eat your car. :fleshbox:

·
Nord Grey 2.0 6 Spd
454 Posts
Ha! Fair enough!

Just don't refer to them as horsemen or federal government rent-a-cops. Those they tend not to like.......LOL

·
Ontario Genesis Club
3,356 Posts
Mount-Me cops are the best lmfao

·
Registered
125 Posts
I live in BFE where any town has less than a 1000 people and just about everyone drives a pickup. I pulled in for gas and had just started pumping when this Ford Ranger pulls up. A guy that I would swear was 65+ years old gets out and starts walking around my car looking at it. Then comes up to me and starts asking all the normal questions, "What is it?" (At which point he was shocked it was a Hyundai), "Do you like it?", "What kind of fuel mileage are you getting?" and "How much HP does it have?". He wanted to also know where I got it because he wanted to go test drive one during the weekend.

I think Hyundai may have hit a home run with this car (if they can just get the quality issues worked out) because it seems to appeal to both young and old.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Bout a week after I got it I drove to AZ to visit my sister. Stopped at a gas station and a kid in a pickup next to me says "Daddy! Look at that COOL red car!" the dad and I laughed and then his jaw dropped when I told him it was a Hyundai.

Parked it outside a restaurant me and the wife were having dinner at. Guy standing outside the bar next door stares at it for a bit then goes inside and brings out 3 or 4 people to check it out.

Had the gate guards on base give me a few compliments but my wife gets the most when she drives it, says every time she goes on base the guards hold up the whole line of traffic just to chat with her about the car. Guess the combo of hot wife and hot car gets more attention than my ugly ass in it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Bout a week after I got it I drove to AZ to visit my sister. Stopped at a gas station and a kid in a pickup next to me says "Daddy! Look at that COOL red car!" the dad and I laughed and then his jaw dropped when I told him it was a Hyundai.

Parked it outside a restaurant me and the wife were having dinner at. Guy standing outside the bar next door stares at it for a bit then goes inside and brings out 3 or 4 people to check it out.

Had the gate guards on base give me a few compliments but my wife gets the most when she drives it, says every time she goes on base the guards hold up the whole line of traffic just to chat with her about the car. Guess the combo of hot wife and hot car gets more attention than my ugly ass in it.
I'm not doubting you, but could you post two or three photos of your wife from various angles so I can get a good idea of what you are talking about :D

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #378
I'm breaking my own rules here but...ahem...this post is worthless with out pics of said wife. ;)

361 - 380 of 1444 Posts