·
If u don't kno, now u kno
1,605 Posts
ur sig comes on and off on different posts...lol

·
British Oreo.
944 Posts
this needs some love.
Well I didn't want to say fat. That wouldn't be very nice now would it?

And the guy was wearing a black flowery bandana with denim shorts that were well below his waist. His amount of acne was also quite incredible.

Regardless, it's Edmonton. People like this are everywhere.

:dunno:

·
Just Got Mine
19 Posts
The first time that I filled the car up with gas after my purchase, a dude in his mid-50s came up and asked a bunch of questions about the car and really loved it. I never had a car that started so many conversations. As he walked off, a woman drove by and said "It must be christmas." (Red Genny)

Everytime I wax and detail the car I get constant stares at every stop light.

The funniest experience so far is likely due to the replacement wing emblems. I have no slanted H on the car and no identifying stickers (like dealer stickers *yuck*). I stopped pretty short of the next car at a long light. There were two guys in a truck behind me trying to figure out what type of car it was. As they inched forward. I would move up a bit. They would creep up leaning into the windshield, I would move up more. Eventually they caught me watching the charade and busted out laughing. Wing Emblems FTW!

·
Miss Behave Ng
879 Posts
^^ haha i should get wing emblems too!

So I was parked and about to get out when I saw this old guy walking behind the car. He stopped walking, looked at my car, couldn't tell what my car was and then leaned in really close to the car to read the name. Then he had a "WTF IT'S A HYUNDAI?" look on his face. That made my day!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I went up to Woodbury Commons in NY (Outlet Mall) this weekend with my wife, and while driving through the parking lots looking for a spot, she kept wondering why so many people walking by kept staring at her. After a while she realized they were checking out the car. I had to laugh. Meanwhile, at that point I was parked a few spaces away from a Shelby GT500KR and still getting looks. Nice to know that a $30k Hyundai gets more stares than an $80k Mustang. Mustangs are a dime a dozen on the roads these days, they're everywhere.

I haven't had anyone come up to me about the car yet, but that's probably because I live in NJ, the land of rude and inconsiderate people.

·
Yoda Bat It Is
396 Posts
^ Hmm, I've had a quite a few people in NJ stop me an ask questions...

Anyway, a couple of days ago I was at a stop light and Merc GL pulls up behind me. I see the woman driver lean forward and look at my trunk and see her say Hyundai and then very slowly spell out letter by letter:

G - E - N - E - S - I - S

Ha ha ha ha...

·
Nord Grey 2.0 6 Spd
454 Posts
Was stopped at a light last week and a guy in a Honda pulled up in the right hand turn lane during rush hour, came to a full stop, rolled down the window and.."Great car!! What is it?" I told him and I am pretty sure both eyebrows disappeared under his hair line they went up that much......LOL

·
Registered
36 Posts
Was at Schnucks last weekend, and there comes a Nissan GTR with Dark Gray Exterior. I wast just being amazed and staring at it when I realized the driver in the GTR was doing the same thing :D :D (Well maybe not as dramatically but I'm sure y'all get the picture) :D :D

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Was at Schnucks last weekend, and there comes a Nissan GTR with Dark Gray Exterior. I wast just being amazed and staring at it when I realized the driver in the GTR was doing the same thing :D :D (Well maybe not as dramatically but I'm sure y'all get the picture) :D :D
I would have just said "Trade ya"

·
Registered
348 Posts
Two more incidents yesterday -

Was driving through a busy parking lot, when in front of the grocery store, a man stops walking in front of my car. He slowly walks around my car until he sees the flying H on the trunk (have luxon grille)... and his lips read "wtf, that's a Hyundai". :)

2nd one later that afternoon, parked my car outside Burger King and my wife and I were walking to a nearby store. Lady from the line at the drive-thru rolls her window and yells "I love your car!!"... I smiled and said "Thanks" as she drove around the corner.

·
Gen coupe 2.0t GT
273 Posts
Went to my hockey game last night first game of the season, so a bunch of guys are talking about new cars they got. One of my team mates MARK says that he got a car that will smoke everyones ride in the change room but won't say what it is. He looks at me and says even your little Civic. I just:dunno: an say nothing. Fast Forward to after a 5-2 win and were all heading to our cars of course mine is on the far side of the parking lot. So I walk to my Sofie and someone redlines his enginebehind me. I turn around and its a KIA Forte Koup (MARK). Don't get me wrong its a nice car, but still. He drives off looking at my car (still has no idea.) I put my stuff in my car and catch up to him. He looks over in amazment, but rolls down his window and says he can smoke my car. Light turns green and he gunns it I don't bother. Now were getting on to the on ramp and he is the car ahead of me all I hear is him down shift. I say F*** it. drop a couple of gears catch up and blow past him. We both get off at the same off ramp and are stopped at the lights. I get out of my car go into my bag pull out my Jock strap walk up to his window knock on it and say he dropped it on the highway. His girlfriend was :rofl:D

Sorry his Girlfriend said nice car

·
Registered
409 Posts
a 40 to 50 year old woman in a mb s class, came up to me and told me she liked my rims(stockers 19in)

this guy in fairly new mustang gt500 admired my ride

i was going around a parking structure looking for parking, and i valet waves me down. i had no intentions to get a valet, but all he wanted to do was test drive my car, so i let him XD

i was in la and i roll up in front of a resturant,(for valet parking) next thing you know everybody is looking and pointing at my car/whispering to each other,(yes i made sure that nothing was on my face lol)

·
Premium Member
3,196 Posts
This just happened like 20 mins ago...

I was on the way to drop off my friend at her house. While I was passing by this one house near her, 2 guys outside were literally eyef***ing my car as I drove by.

I pulled onto my friend's driveway and I was walking at her door. Then, I saw this BMW 335i pass by the GC and went on reverse to go back to my car trying to figure out what car is it. I was laughing as they were checking it out.

·
British Oreo.
944 Posts
It's funny because our cars have been out for about a year and there are still people who don't know what it is, Lol.

481 - 500 of 1444 Posts