Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to do a power steering flush on my 2012 Gen Coupe. I looked up the procedure in the service manual and watched the ChrisFix vid on Youtube. I plan to unclamp the return line from the PS reservoir and drain old fluid into a waste container. The problem is that it doesn't seem easy to stick the end of the return line directly into the waste container because it's cramped in that area. Thus, I plan to connect the return line outlet to some plastic tubing to make it easier (as indicated by service manual).

Do I just stick some plastic tubing inside the return line (outer diameter of the plastic tubing would be equal to the inner diameter of the return line) and clamp it? Or do I need to use some sort of adapter to connect the plastic tubing to the return line outlet? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,573 Posts
Under the drivers side headlight and under the splash shield you can get to the PS cooler. it's a loop of aluminum tubing that is connected to the return line to the reservoir. You can disconnected it and 90% of the PS fluid will drain with gravity.

If you want use a turkey baster to drain the reservoir first.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts