Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. New guy here with a question I cannot find info on. The segment of my pressure line which seems to be identified as Tube to Rack has corroded and leaks. I have one stumbling block in removing this piece. For the life of me I can't figure out how to get at the connector at the steering rack. Do I need to drop the rack?

Vehicle is a 2010 2.0T

Thanks for any guidance.

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,978 Posts
The manual says to take the tie rod end off and then remove the mounting bolts to drop the rack. May not need to do both sides?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for that. Pretty much what I had figured. Do you have access to the tie rod and rack mount torque specs?

·
In Charge of Snacks
2,108 Posts
Short and sweet and helpful as always, Red! Lol, I just paid my fellow Genesis owner and mechanic to do this and a new pump + reservoir. I had just replaced the whole power steering system on my 2003 Dodge Ram and didn't feel like doing it again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Job done.

1. You do need to release both ends of the rack.
2. You do not need to unmount the tie rod.

Clearances are still very tight and if there hadn't been issues with the fitment of the RockAuto sourced part, the job was not too bad. Ended up having to do some Frankenstein work on the return line in order to accommodate the new pressure line.

Thanks again for the help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts