Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 201 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
PA is picking it up 2011 3.8 GC R-Spec and 2011 2.0t today!

Since this is 3.8 thread, I will only mention our plan for 3.8 GC.

The car will go straight to Apexi next week for Rotrex supercharger installation. This car, we are keeping H logo for front and rear for sure. If we do replace badge, it will be PowerAXEL.

We suspect it will only take couple days to install kit w/o intercooler. We will test couple thousands miles with this unit to test drivability, durbility and reliability close to oem level.

Something we can sell to Hyundai dealers making low boost keeping oem ecu with minor fuel upgrade.

We believe this will make 80whp gain. We will show on Apexi's Dynapack dyno result following the test, since it what they use. Dynojet can be test at MD later on....

We will consider this as stage 0 for now.

Then, we'll be making intercooler kit base on the test vehicle. It will test again monitoring the car's condition base on temperature and hp. Altitude is not consider, since its winter time.

Stage I~ will be offer with intercooler kit once proven using localize or import companies part. Griffin core or ARC core is consider at this moment which use by Apexi for their 700hp Drfit car.

Although I already have BC 3.8 rods, and JE pistons made for 3.8 high boost. I like to bring stages that we test and show later in time.

When we use low compression, we may consider doing dual Rotrex charger using C30-91. I don't want to extend too far for future development.

Even if we are going to consider TT, we want to use stock Evo size turbine for dual and make kit considerably low cost type and efficient type.

Those bigger companies with Greddy, HKS etc., we know they make better ones for high line.

TT kit is not cheap. I don't see a market for expensive kit.

Anyway, I think its good opportunity for us to work with Apexi Integration in USA, since they are off season right now for racing.

For 3.8 2011 ecu, we had not done any work due to time delay on our other project from Korea company. Due to heavily large contract working with Hyundai, Kia, SamSung, GM in Korea and China, we are lack of staff. Thus, we invite one of best well known tuner who work with us in the past to concentrate the development of 3.8.

Edit : confidentiality requested.

This will make 3.8 development for PA to speed up. Detail will be send to our Pro Dealer first as I get update information first. Then, I will post here or other thread.

Warning~hehe:dunno:
Plz understand our situation.

Please do not contact us via phone for this project or related, since PA will only post here for update. NO PM Plz or e-mail.

We are already out of staff from Unavi sale, update, tech support that we need to hire up to 5 staff. Until that time, none of us except me:point: to post update for this project which I will drive around most of the time.

Installed so far

Rotrex 38-71 supercharger
Rotrex SC pulley
Rotrex oil reservoir
Rotrex oil cooler
Rotrex SC oil
Rotrex SC oil hoses

PA aluminum SC bracket
PA modified tension pulley
PA modified idle pulley
PA dual belt crankpulley
PA SC belt
PA suge tank heat reducing silicone

Siemens injectors
Denso Iridium spark plugs #8

Need to buy

Checking engine oil cooler with remote plate
Checking best BOV (chose Blitz)

Bought~ JUN BL Oil catch...not here yet
Bought~ Suspension kit....not going to be here soon
Bought~ Cusco LSD..........not installed yet
Bought~
SuperDrift intercooler
SuperDrift basic pipe kit

Ordered~ 3" catback system....not going be here soon

Have 20" rims and tires from other car
Have 3.8 aluminum radiator
Have Cusco strut bar

Need to make

Apexi Customize intake pipings
Apexi Customize intercooler pipings
Apexi R&D

Our plan after all done

Dyno #1 check
Dyno #2 adjustment n check
Dyno #3 final

Dyno #4 7sim Racing axleback only or 3" custom catback

Dyno #5 PA header or racing header

·
The OG
7,957 Posts
Awesome news! Best of luck with the project.

·
Registered
558 Posts
i really just want someone to make this happen so many ppl working on a SC kit none have made it happen yet i would def be down for a 90 to 100hp gain very happy sitting at 400 hp to wheels

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
so the evo tuner is working on getting this tuned or just working on the 3.8 tune overall ( i.e a handheld like for the 2.0? (; ) or both?

either way. cant wait!!:)

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so the evo tuner is working on getting this tuned or just working on the 3.8 tune overall ( i.e a handheld like for the 2.0? (; ) or both?

either way. cant wait!!:)
Evo tuner is working for us in Korea for Hyundai 3.8 only. He have his own business.

Its one of the trade off giving them our reflash tool to tune GDi 2.0t / 2.4 engine software and in exchange that he will work for us to develop 3.8.

Our first priority to give our PA Pro Dealer to reflash 3.8 using VEO COM, but it will only happen with offline version. Currently, we are working on this first.

Dealer networking is more important for us at this time.

In order to reflash to our module, it require big investment and development time. For this, no guarantee time frame except we are trying hard to make it work.

Korea request my presence to confirm few things and head for next planning, but I am tie up to do things here too.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Subscribed for future legendary news!

·
Banned
720 Posts
PowerAxel you are quickly becoming my favorite company ever... so not only are you going to work on the 2011 ECU, but now you are working on a SC and possibly a TT for our car too?

Hell, you can badge my car with a PA emblem, because it sounds like most of my mods will be coming through you guys if this all pans out.

Again: :bowdown:

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Evo tuner is working for us in Korea for Hyundai 3.8 only. He have his own business.
i meant like a poweraxle module like the one currently for the 2.0, but for the 3.8.

·
Registered
388 Posts
PowerAxel you are quickly becoming my favorite company ever... so not only are you going to work on the 2011 ECU, but now you are working on a SC and possibly a TT for our car too?

Hell, you can badge my car with a PA emblem, because it sounds like most of my mods will be coming through you guys if this all pans out.

Again: :bowdown:

^^ --- This +1

·
Registered
478 Posts
Subscribed

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i meant like a poweraxle module like the one currently for the 2.0, but for the 3.8.
Delphi ecu is very difficult to get source from Korea, since its US based company.

Even Hyundai Motor Korea as I heard having difficult to change their version requesting Delphi to do so.

The new supporting company says he'll need one source to do reflash module on 3.8 which require large investment + resource from Delphi.

Therefore, we are aiming for our Pro Dealers to tune 3.8 using current VEO COM is our priority. At least, this will give some of large coverage in some of States to cover local customer to tune 3.8.

·
Work in Progress
6,496 Posts
Therefore, we are aiming for our Pro Dealers to tune 3.8 using current VEO COM is our priority. At least, this will give some of large coverage in some of States to cover local customer to tune 3.8.
Have there been any interest from the dealers in the 3.8 VEO COM? Based on my conversations with some of them, I wasn't aware any of them had any interest.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Delphi ecu is very difficult to get source from Korea, since its US based company.

Even Hyundai Motor Korea as I heard having difficult to change their version requesting Delphi to do so.

The new supporting company says he'll need one source to do reflash module on 3.8 which require large investment + resource from Delphi.

thats great aswell!!

maybe when this gets done, poweraxle can finally work something out with dynamic turbo on having he tools to be able to custom tune 2.0 AND 3.8's

:)
Hope all goes well!

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Have there been any interest from the dealers in the 3.8 VEO COM? Based on my conversations with some of them, I wasn't aware any of them had any interest.
Well dynamic turbo at one point was interested, but the tool wasnt available, but maybe now things will change:)

·
The OG
7,957 Posts
Let's hope for the best.

·
MR TURBO 2 U
862 Posts
if you look back at arvin and my conversations i have been requesting this for months as long as the non us/dm is covered! also if they work after testing i will take 1 pro kit for each shop thats currently 11 hence with such investment i required stable pricing / exclusivity in china / australasia!

good luck with it let me know when / how well it works!!!

when i get my d/jet quote i may need another for u/s if the sums add up?

1 - 20 of 201 Posts