Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
77 Posts
The reflash from poweraxel is now on sale for $320, and I am interested. However, before I take such a big step as reflashing my ecu, I would like to know how people with the reflash like / dislike it. If you have it, do you feel :bowdown:, :mad:, :dunno:, etc? Thanks.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
No complaints, in seconds you have a nice kick in the butt and no need to fiddle with it.

I presume the quoted price includes the PowerX which is what I suggest purchasing.

·
제네시스 쿠페
1,070 Posts

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
i don't get the point of raising the rev limit just to squeeze out another 3-4 whp and most likely shortening the life of the engine
Well if we all thought that way, we would make no mods or adjustments to our cars trying to increase the longevity of the drive train. People that increase performance of their cars should already know that they are most likely giving up some of the dependability & longevity. Like most things in life, it is a give & take, you have to decide what's more important to you. Most of the changes we make only gain us a few HP, but it's the combination of all those mods that makes big power. Raising the rev limit gives more benefits than just a few extra ponies, it allows you to stay in that a longer which is really nice when you are coming into a turn on the track & don't have to shift up to the next gear because you're pegging the rev limiter only to have to shift back down for the turn.

·
got boost?
293 Posts
I thinks it's awesome except for when u need a retune for mods added later on down the line and in my case have to drive atleast 18 hrs to get to a PowerAxel dealer. Nonsense. Other then that it's awesome.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
No complaints, in seconds you have a nice kick in the butt and no need to fiddle with it.

I presume the quoted price includes the PowerX which is what I suggest purchasing.
I kinda retract my comment as I have a 2.0T not the 3.8L.
That said PowerAXEL along with all their dealers are awesome to deal with.

·
GenSport Carolinas
3,001 Posts
Unfortunately there's no PowerX module for the 3.8 so it's reflash only... Grrr.

There have been many times that I needed that extra 500-1,000 rpms, not from an HP perspective but as Tufast mentioned, for timing. Not to mention when you hit that rev limiter on the stock flash, the car violently curtails the rpms, jerking you around the driver's seat (embarrassing for sure.. LOL).

Additionally, the throttle response changes the overall performance of the car which removes with sluggish feel off the line. While it's not a huge HP difference, the improved throttle response is much needed.

The price for this reflash is very reasonable... I think I may give this a go. My largest concern is the warranty issue which seems to be a gray area if you ask me. Removing a CAI and putting the factory intake back on is one thing but there has to be time stamping or something that could be reviewed if a warranty repair was ever challenged.

·
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How long did it take you guys to get your ecu back after you mailed it?

·
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
^ Also how far did you have to mail it?

·
GenSport Carolinas
3,001 Posts
Sounds like 2 working days.

·
Banned
1,513 Posts
best.

thing.

ever.

I can't wait to get my car back again

cons... only thing i can think of is once it hits a little past the raised rev limit.. seems like car just bogs.. but i guess thats probably for safety.

http://www.gencoupe.com/poweraxel/5...8-headers-ecu-reflash-new-year-group-buy.html
Josh...so when do you get to drive your OWN car? If ever?? LOL

Well if we all thought that way, we would make no mods or adjustments to our cars trying to increase the longevity of the drive train. People that increase performance of their cars should already know that they are most likely giving up some of the dependability & longevity. Like most things in life, it is a give & take, you have to decide what's more important to you. Most of the changes we make only gain us a few HP, but it's the combination of all those mods that makes big power. Raising the rev limit gives more benefits than just a few extra ponies, it allows you to stay in that a longer which is really nice when you are coming into a turn on the track & don't have to shift up to the next gear because you're pegging the rev limiter only to have to shift back down for the turn.
Well said :bowdown:

I thinks it's awesome except for when u need a retune for mods added later on down the line and in my case have to drive atleast 18 hrs to get to a PowerAxel dealer. Nonsense. Other then that it's awesome.
:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

How long did it take you guys to get your ecu back after you mailed it?
Depends on the prepaid return shipping label you provide. We usually ship it out the next working day.

^ Also how far did you have to mail it?
We're in California.

·
제네시스 쿠페
1,070 Posts

·
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Lord Stig
6,676 Posts
I did a thread on PA and other tunes in the engine section. You should do a search bud.

Overall you would be a fool not to get the PA flash. It's a gueranted lay with woman!

·
^not very creative.
2,383 Posts
well for the 2.0T it's definately the best thing you can get... and so far seems like it's a great mod for the 3.8 as well.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts