• TurboXS

Votes: 4 1.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Lord Stig
6,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its that time of the year again. Last year we had PA vs NSPP and then PA vs CMD. Now its PA vs SFR.

What do you guys and girls have, PA or SFR or CMD or TBXS?

Why did you guys select that reflash?
What are the Pros of your flash / what does it do and control?

Why did you choose X over Y over Z brand?

What are your mods?

What is your Est Power

What is your car used for? (Drift, Track, Touge, Drag, Daily Driven)

Exprain.

·
mmmmmmmmatte black
6,523 Posts
-PowerAXEL all day every day! :bowdown: :bowdown:

I have a Power-X:
1. Stock Tune
2. 18psi Tune :)
3. 20psi Tune :D

-I chose PA because of the undeniable customer support, proven and tested performance, reliability, easy to revert to stock for trips to the dealership... I could keep going all day if you'd like me to:p

-Pros: Arvin is just a phone call away if anything were to go wrong or if i have any questions. Also see above lol
-Cons: None!

Mods:
Intake, open downpipe, DTM SPEED Stage 4 Clutch and Lightweight Flywheel, PA 20psi reflash (turboback and FMIC are in the VERY near future) :hello:

What is your Est Power?
Judging by other members and educated estimates I'd like to think I'm somewhere around 230whp and 270-280wtq with the 20psi tune :dunno:

Daily driving, Auto-X, Track, and eventually it will see some closed course sideways action :ugh:

One more thing I'd like to add is that from a roll I immediately pull 1-1.5 car lengths on 1badgenesis and the gap keeps opening till we decide to stop. He the same mods as I but with the SFR Tune :p :bowdown: :D :hello: :bowdown:

·
Lord Stig
6,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Please, if you're going to vote, please post. =)

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
Excellent thread & will be very useful since I haven't purchased a tune as of yet, but will need one in the very near future. Thanks El Stig for starting this thread.

·
Lord Stig
6,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Excellent thread & will be very useful since I haven't purchased a tune as of yet, but will need one in the very near future. Thanks El Stig for starting this thread.
If it was going to be someone, it was going to be me. Everyone laughs and listens at el_stig. :p

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Power Axel tuner from BR.

Why I chose it:
I didn't have to be without my ECU or wait till someone came to the area.
I didn't know power axle and BR were both separate entities offering tunes but I planned on going to the BR turbo replacement.
I dont trust the CMD or piggy backs in general as you can only fake out the stock ECU so much before it says screw you and goes limp.

What it controls/issues:
Controls everything. Larger injectors causes a 30 second bog down when you first drive it. Also cause elongated start times and a random missfire CEL at starts ups which is really rare.

Mods:
BR stage 3 stuff (intercooler, injectors, downpipe, turbo) with DC catback exhuast and home made intake.

Power:
270whp. Clutch slips like crazy now.

Used for:
Daily driver, staying sane.

·
Lord Stig
6,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Power Axel tuner from BR.

I didn't have to be without my ECU or wait till someone came to the area.
I didn't know power axle and BR were both separate entities offering tunes but I planned on going to the BR turbo replacement.
I dont trust the CMD or piggy backs in general as you can only fake out the stock ECU so much before it says screw you and goes limp.

Controls everything. Larger injectors causes a 30 second bog down when you first drive it. Also cause elongated start times and a random missfire CEL at starts ups which is really rare.

BR stage 3 stuff with DC catback exhuast.

270whp. Clutch slips like crazy now.

Daily driver, staying sane.

Theyre seprate due to BR offering their stage tunes and canned tune.

PowerAxel did a few world tours the past 2 years, so some have gotten their tune straight from PowerAxel. That is why I seperated them. =)

·
Premium Member
3,196 Posts

PowerAxel

It was the only reflash available at the time

- Definitely improves the power of the car
- Full ECU Control
- I noticed I got better gas mileage :D
- With the new update for the reflash, no limp mode whatsoever

Mods:

Performance wise, only stage 1...intake and reflash

Refer to second question

What is your Est Power

No clue.

Daily Driven

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
Started with CMD since it's the ONLY tuning solution available to end users. The others aren't tuning solutions for us, they're tuned solutions, IMO. I made 225whp and 270wtq with just the CMD and an intake, more power than a lot of full bolt on and PA retuned cars are making. The one time I had an issue with the CMD, Keith responded to my email at midnight on a Friday, can't ask for better customer service than that.

Only 3 maps Jules? LOL :) I can have as many maps as I want. Comparing your car to 1bad isn't really fair since he has the automatic. I was making almost as much power in my 6mt stock as my wifes car made with a 20psi CMD tune. I would imagine he keeps up or is ahead off the line but anything above 60-70mph and the 6mt will pull any similarly modded 5at.

I ended up getting the BR Stage 3 flash as well for the increased redline though. Nice base to work from but even that needed some tweaks to get my a/f ratio in line. Something about advanced timing, hot weather, and 12.5:1 a/f ratio scared me. One draw back to the BR STage 3 tune is the cold stumble, unless the car is warmed up to ~130 degrees it will act like it's about to stall and bog down. I also now get a P2096 about once every 3 weeks, which I never had with just the CMD.

Once the ECU is cracked and we have an open source solution I have a feeling PowerX and SFR are going to have a hard time making sales. TurboXS will be in a similar boat until they release the software for end users to tune with.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
What's p2096 code for? And 1sty, you only dynod 270whp on the stg 3? :/

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
What's p2096 code for? And 1sty, you only dynod 270whp on the stg 3? :/
A fuel trim error... Wondering if it's related to the cold stumble as it's only happened twice so far and both times it popped up a couple miles away from my house before the car fully warmed up.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
hmm... i haven't had that issue nor have I gotten the code. Spoke to luke about it, I had the cold stumble on my first tune, he said he'd try something on my stage 3 tune, w/e he did worked.

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
hmm... i haven't had that issue nor have I gotten the code. Spoke to luke about it, I had the cold stumble on my first tune, he said he'd try something on my stage 3 tune, w/e he did worked.
How long ago was that? I mentioned it to Tim and he said he'd let me know if they found a resolution to the cold stumble but I haven't heard anything yet.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts

- PowerAxel

- I first choose the DynoJet CMD but it didn't work right and DynoJet had no solution. Returned it and got the PowerAxel.

- More power
- Better launch

Mods:

- PowerAxel PowerX
- SuperDrift 3D Intake
- SuperDrift CHIC BOV
- cp-e Cat-back Exhaust

- Because the CMD failed to work and the PowerAxel was the only other option at the time.

What is your Est Power

250bhp
290-300btq

- Daily Driven
- Little bit of drag and track time

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
How long ago was that? I mentioned it to Tim and he said he'd let me know if they found a resolution to the cold stumble but I haven't heard anything yet.
same, also still waiting on which sensors I need to get OBDII logs on so they can make another tune.

·
Lord Stig
6,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I see more votes yet no posts. Say something fools! lol

·
Moderatar
421 Posts
PowerAxel - PowerX module

Because it is the only one that you can flash back to stock in seconds.

Pros - Power is steadier over 4K rpm rather than falling flat on face. Makes driving fun! & got a great deal through a group buy lol!!!
Cons - None so far.

Ability to flash back to stock in an instant

What are your mods?
Just the tune and intake silencer delete

What is your Est Power
~220whp / ~260wtq

Purpose - Advertising

·
Yes it's rear wheel drive
335 Posts
SFR Reflash

Changes the car 100%. also It is undetectable for Warranty, I like that better than having to always switch it back to stock (what if something happens and you don't have your module.)

Pros - Well the boost hits alot quicker and I actually feel fast.......... And no more Rev hang
Cons - None so far.

Because the tune is programed and done by the same person.

What are your mods?
Just the tune and intake silencer delete

What is your Est Power
NA

Daily Driver

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
BR PowerAxel

Allowed me to tune the car back to stock within seconds.

- More power
- Full ECU Control

Mods:
Intake, Reflash, BOV

Refer to second question

What is your Est Power
250hp, 290tq

Daily

1 - 20 of 137 Posts