Votes: 5 2.1%
  • TurboXS

Votes: 4 1.7%

• Total voters
121 - 137 of 137 Posts

·
ProudCajun
23 Posts
Seems that I am late in adding something to this post, but anyway... I was wondering being it has been two years since this thread has been discussed. What tune is better now? I am interested in getting the SFR tune or PowerAxel, I was wondering does either tune come with a two-step? What horsepower gains are being achieved on average per tune PA vs SFR? Also what boost does either tune turn it up to? I know I saw someone say 20 for the PA tune, but on a factory intercooler is that safe? What does SFR turn the boost up to on their tune? So basically what is better now? Thanks for your time peeps.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I have Both the Power Axel Stage 1 base tune and BR stage 2 ... But does PowerAxel even have a stage 2? thats why i went with BR.

PA Stage 1 with my mods (Intercooler, cold air, Turbo back, BOV) is a waste with what i got so i got the 550cc as well and gonna tune for stage 2

·
Registered
19 Posts
What do you guys and girls have, PA or SFR or CMD or TBXS?

- Dynojet CMD

Why did you guys select that reflash?

- Because I am running custom built Intake, turbo back exhaust, port throttle body, etc all other companies told me I would have to bring car to them to tune.

What are the Pros of your flash / what does it do and control?

- Kenny Tran from Jotech Motorsports was able to tune my vehicle without shipping off to another state.
- Raised boost to 20psi with aid of ATP Wastegate.
- Perfect AFR thanks again to Kenny at Jotech Motorsports

Mods:

- Custom intake and 3" turbo back exhaust (secondary cat delete) by Dynosaur Performance
- Ported Throttle Body by Dynosaur Performance
- ATP Wastegate
- HKS Ground Kit
- GTR 550cc Injectors
- CMD with tune by Jotech Motorsports

Why did you choose X over Y over Z brand?

- Refer to second question

What is your Est Power

- 252whp 271trq

What is your car used for? (Drift, Track, Touge, Drag, Daily Driven)

- Daily Driver/Drag

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Hmm i actually wish this thread was split between 2.0t/3.8, it seems like most of the answers are from the T guys, and i am definitely in the market for a tune, but want to get the most hp/tq

·
Registered
924 Posts
Read my review in the product review section. Hands down SFR!

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
GAd...... this thread confuses me lol... i want to make more power in the near future.... but everyones opinions are all over the place -_-
It's actually good that we have a fair number of options now. You have to decide what your goals are for your car (ie. do you want a fire breather or just up your daily driver power a bit or somewhere in between). Once you decide which path you're taking then your choices start getting narrowed down pretty quickly.

·
noobynoob
340 Posts
It's actually good that we have a fair number of options now. You have to decide what your goals are for your car (ie. do you want a fire breather or just up your daily driver power a bit or somewhere in between). Once you decide which path you're taking then your choices start getting narrowed down pretty quickly.

Yeaa, i want it as a summer dd, but sitting around 250-300whp, but at the same time i need my cruise control cuz i like to take short drives into the mountains loll.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Yeaa, i want it as a summer dd, but sitting around 250-300whp, but at the same time i need my cruise control cuz i like to take short drives into the mountains loll.
Next big choice:

Bluntly put: If keeping your drivetrain warranty is very important to you then you won't get there.

Some people may say they got warranty work done with a jet engine strapped to the trunk but generally speaking the mods needed to get to that level are not easily reversible and most dealerships will not honor the drivetrain warranty with such visible mods.

If you don't care about the warranty then 250 whp is easily achievable on a manual with full bolt ons and custom tune ,you would need a new turbo for an auto to get to that level.

·
central fl. gencoupe club
1,371 Posts
Next big choice:

Bluntly put: If keeping your drivetrain warranty is very important to you then you won't get there.

Some people may say they got warranty work done with a jet engine strapped to the trunk but generally speaking the mods needed to get to that level are not easily reversible and most dealerships will not honor the drivetrain warranty with such visible mods.

If you don't care about the warranty then 250 whp is easily achievable on a manual with full bolt ons and custom tune ,you would need a new turbo for an auto to get to that level.
right now you can get a BTRcc tune w/second tuned ecu. their 93 octane tune will give you on average w/no other mods,factory stock

1. around 235hp
2. 250+torque

adding catback exhaust and cold air intake later you should be ok as far as warranty goes.

·
noobynoob
340 Posts
So what you're saying is pretty much, get a reflashed ecu, or module but keep my oem ecu in case I need to bring it in for work? And which provider would be best?... Which is pretty much what this thread is about, would it be PA, BR/PA, SFR or BTRcc? I've read up on all of them but I can't decide... They all sound good

·
Registered
555 Posts
^BTrcc has a more aggressive tune. I believe it makes a little bit more hp than other tunes. They get an ECU from Hyundai, tune it, and then send it to your door. You just swap it.

Any tune would be good, but to me..getting a 2nd ECU from btrcc with no down time is more convenient.

·
1,371 Posts
So what you're saying is pretty much, get a reflashed ecu, or module but keep my oem ecu in case I need to bring it in for work? And which provider would be best?... Which is pretty much what this thread is about, would it be PA, BR/PA, SFR or BTRcc? I've read up on all of them but I can't decide... They all sound good
if you have a problem and your ecu needs to go back to whoever flashes it for what ever problem,having your stock ecu to put back in your car so you can continue to drive makes it worth while.
BTRcc charges around $700.00 for the tune/ecu and they ship it to you in the mail. when you get it around 10min. to swap it and you are good to go.

·
noobynoob
340 Posts
Hmm, yea, I'm talkin to BTRcc right now, they're extremely helpful, would gettin the 2nd ecu be easier than gettin the power X module from PA? Since it has 3 seperate tunes?

·
1,371 Posts
BTRcc's tuner is one of the best in the world. he is tuning the new turbo ecu for the 2010 thru 2012 3.8 coupe. he can get more power from an existing ecu tuned by another tuner. for some reason he is has that gift,i would stay with BTRcc.

·
PM me for deals
1,930 Posts
BTRcc's tuner is one of the best in the world. he is tuning the new turbo ecu for the 2010 thru 2012 3.8 coupe. he can get more power from an existing ecu tuned by another tuner. for some reason he is has that gift,i would stay with BTRcc.
Wow lol.

·
noobynoob
340 Posts
Okok, since talkin to.. Whoever I'm talkin to at BTRcc I kinda want to go with them, but at the same time I want to find out the costs of everyones kits.

121 - 137 of 137 Posts