Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Last time we went to the track with our car was months ago and it didnt had any reflash or tuning of any kind. The best pass was a 13.7 @ 100mph at that moment.

After Jay reflashed our car we wanted to go to the track and test it!

Finally today we had the opportunity. We know the car has a lot of torque now and we need better tires, and because it was a "street tire only night" at the track, we found a set or Drag Radials for the rear and decided to go to the track.

These are the results:

After just two passes we did a best run of: 13.3 @ 104MPH

We are sure the car can go lower and break into the 12's with better launch but the clutch is not holding, after just two passes the clutch started slipping so we decided not to run anymore. Well comeback to the track next week! Better #'s Soon!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
not bad at all. man i hate having a canned tune instead of a custom. i sure as hell wasn't slipping the clutch after i got tuned. then again i wasn't even breaking 13.

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
Good results guys, you need to post the time slips in the 3.8 1/4 mile thread.

·
Premium Member
76,154 Posts
So the only things added between the 13.7 run and the 13.3 run were the tune and drag radials?

·
Premium Member
76,154 Posts
Also what's ur full mods list? What did you put down on the Dyno?

·
Joe-Shmoe
2,276 Posts
Lightweight 17" mag is the way to all-go screw show ;)

Do post time slip!

·
The OG
7,957 Posts
I need a custom tune. :)

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The car has ARK Headers, All Four Cats removed, 7ism Dual Exhaust Race Version, INJEN CAI, Grimspeed Phenolic Spacer and Pulleys. And of course the SFR Reflash.

The car still can go lower, but not with the stock clutch, we were launching at very low RPMs because we knew the clutch wont hold. The clutch cant hold the power the car is making right now. On the street 1st and 2nd gear is useless, even on the Dyno I had the clutch slipping a few times while making passes. The torque is amazing after the reflash.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lightweight 17" mag is the way to all-go screw show ;)

Do post time slip!
I cant post timeslip because at "Street Tires Nights" they dont give timeslips. Thats the only day during the week they dont give you anything. But Ill go to the track again on the weekend and then I will have some timeslips to post.

But some guys took a video of the pass, I am waiting for the video. I will post it asap.

·
Work in Progress
6,496 Posts
Trunk looks nice . . which one is that?

I liek the style of the vented fenders but the fitment leaves much to be desired.

GrimmSpeed has pulley's?

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
So the only things added between the 13.7 run and the 13.3 run were the tune and drag radials?
Wondering this also, or is the 13.3 after the bolt on's and the tune? Still a great run.

·
Vroom Vroom...
1,088 Posts
Wondering this also, or is the 13.3 after the bolt on's and the tune? Still a great run.
I've I'm reading it right he had the bolt ons and ran a 13.7.... then added the tires and tune and went 13.3.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've I'm reading it right he had the bolt ons and ran a 13.7.... then added the tires and tune and went 13.3.
Thats Right! without tuning 13.7 @ 100 was the best run after more than 30 passes in over 6 visits to the track, with the reflash is 13.3 @ 104 in just two passes and it can go lower.

The time is because of the better traction, but the trap speed says a lot about the power, previously the best trap speed was 101mph, now its very constant in the 104mph and should be able to do 105mph.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Solid.... Like those numbers.. I'm presuming this is a custom tune, not a can? Oh well for me.. Might have to make some arrangements for next spring.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
i like the look of your car.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Alaska? that would be our first visit but yes I am down!
We just need solid numbers of people in your area for the reflash
I don't know anyone in Alaska that has a GC. There are two "major" cities, I live in the second and to the best of my knowledge there isn't one. As for the other and larger city, more than likely, but no one has spoken up.

I'm thinking about trying to attend The Dragon meet next spring. That'll give me time to buy my GC and get a few mods.

I apologize for the thread jack.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts