Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished installing the fronts of my BC coilovers on my 2010 gencoupe and i have major rubbing issues due to the width and offset of my wheels. I tried to add more camber on the camber plates but noticed the knobs are completely unaccessible due to the cutout not being wide enough to reach the top hat of the coilover with the allen keys. Can anyone else with coilover camber plates chime in on how to reach them? Or do i really need to drop the entire coilover out just to access the camber adjustment?

·
Registered
2013 3.8 Track White Pearl
3,107 Posts
Buy a set of ball end hex wrenches, put the front of the car on jack stands, loosen the three bolts on the top hat/strut tower to allow the coilovers to drop slightly then use the hex keys to loosen and adjust the camber, then reverse the steps. You can cut the strut tower openings to get better access but it's not advisable and it's still not an easy adjustment.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Buy a set of ball end hex wrenches, put the front of the car on jack stands, loosen the three bolts on the top hat/strut tower to allow the coilovers to drop slightly then use the hex keys to loosen and adjust the camber, then reverse the steps. You can cut the strut tower openings to get better access but it's not advisable and it's still not an easy adjustment.
Thank you for the tip! Would've never thought to use that tool, ill give it a shot later today.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Does the loosening the the 3 strut bolts up top cause the coil over to drop slightly without removing the camber bolts too?

·
Registered
2013 3.8 Track White Pearl
3,107 Posts
Yes, the three strut tower bolts are the only things attaching the strut to the body of the car. And you shouldn't remove the camber bolts in general, they just need to be loosened to make adjustments.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I’m gonna try that tomorrow because I have bc coils and can’t get the Allen key into the hole to adjust the pillow ball mounts. Very annoying 😑

1 - 6 of 6 Posts