Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had my car repaired after a recent rear and accident and I noticed something staring right away. My turbo sounds like their is something rattling inside the turbo sometimes but it does go away. So if I accelerate for maybe 30 seconds and let go of the gas I hear the BOV release air but then I hear a click or clank noise and then the car is extremely sluggish and I don't hear the turbo taking in any air but it makes a screaming type of noise but if I let it idle it does go back to normal. Does anyone have any idea of what it could possibly be? If anyone needs any other information from me I would be glad to answer any questions. I appreciate the help ahead of time!

·
custom builder
91 Posts
could be your bearing or shaft. mine went and it made a grinding noise on the throttle along with a whine like a supercharger since i have a ball bearing turbo.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So now it looks like oil is coming out of the blow off valve as it is all over the place on that side. Is there any way this was caused by the accident I find it really weird that I am just experiencing these issues as soon as I got it back

·
custom builder
91 Posts
if you have a catch can than empty it. when my catch can is full than it will blow oil out of the bov. if not than look why you might be blowing more oil than usual into the intake when under boost.

·
Premium Member
16,121 Posts
with the engine cold, take the intake hose off the turbo.
reach in there and try moving the impeller side to side and in and out, rotating it slightly, to see if it is making contact with the housing.

The bearings are brass, so impact can cause the bore to ovate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts