Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 91 Posts

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
Not true for me yet.
Seriously everything so far (knock on wood) works as intended. No hood gap, no AC problem, No rattle, No window gaps, stereo and BT work fine, shifting is nice etc.
How many miles? None of my issues, except the strut popping, showed up until about 2000 miles.

·
Registered
282 Posts
How many miles? None of my issues, except the strut popping, showed up until about 2000 miles.
Mine is pretty new. Just wanted to give a positive (but real) post. I have 1000klm. Rattles are normal after a while, some of which can be fix with some tightening. Mechanically things will happen either soon or after quite a while.

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
Well I went and check out the Camaro5 website to see what kind of problems they are having, and damn, check this link out.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30865

The've already been able to gather a list of over 50-60 issues they've had. Anything from scratched panels, running paint, non painted parts, loose/leaking bolts under the hood, etc.

Makes me REALLY glad I didn't wait for a Camaro...

·
Ms. Warranty Voider
2,954 Posts
So far....

AC wasn't working

Definite clunk when going over certain bumps ie curbs or even when turning at times, haven't had time to check it. Definitely suspension related.

Most annoying problem so far, bump steer. Pretty bad in some circumstances. Again hadn't had time to put it on a lift and look but the car was aligned when I put the wheels on and the bump steer remains. I would like to know if anyone else is noticing bump steer as well.

~S~
I get the clunk too.. happens when I have the clutch in and hit a bump

·
Registered
32 Posts
I wonder what ratio of problems are in auto vs manual.

Plus I must be the only owner that doesn't have a flapping seat belt. Was going 80 with windows open and no flap.

·
4th color - 4th wheels
8,829 Posts
My only problem is when I close my sunroof it keeps tappin, like it didnt close all the way or something, so it like keeps trying to close itself fully when its already closed :dunno:, thats only if I open it all the way.. its really weird and hard to explain

·
Death or cake!?!?
60 Posts
Lets see...Luckily I have had few problems with my 3.8 GT AT (5400 miles).

Car wouldn't start. Dealer replaced the stop lamp switch.
A/C makes a rattling noise when the compressor kicks on, the dealer was unable to replicate.
The "I" in Genesis fell off from the trunk and it took the dealership a month to get the replacement.

Other than that I couldn't be happier!

·
Proud owner
27 Posts
Just a couple of things so far:
Picked mine up on July 22nd afterwaiting 10 weeks.
Airbag warning light came on last week and has remained on. have an appointment to get the rear spoiler put on and my first oil change so i booked them to look at this issue as well,
12V/120W plug ins won't charge my GPS or cell phone. Cords seem fine. Will get them to look at that also.
When listening to the XM I have had a voice come on asking for instructions, such as if I was linking into my bluetooth. The screen also says "listening'. You just have to say cancel, it then repeats "cancel' and all returns to normal again.......weird. Didn't touch anything on the steering wheel either time.
But I also have very cold A/C, no rattles, and a quiet seat belt and sunroof.
Just some bugs my dealer will have to look at next week.
I will get pics once my spoiler is on.

·
Misplaced Cajun
37 Posts
The only problem so far was the dealer had to replace the driver side window motor a week after we took delivery

·
Registered
282 Posts
Mine is pretty new. Just wanted to give a positive (but real) post. I have 1000klm. Rattles are normal after a while, some of which can be fix with some tightening. Mechanically things will happen either soon or after quite a while.
Now at 2300klm and still no issues (knock on wood)

·
Use the F'n Search Button
4,280 Posts
My manual tranny is starting to act up. It used to be smooth, now when I shift I feel like I am forcing it into gear, and I can feel it hitting the gear. It's getting more and more clunky. I'm thinking a tranny fluid swap might help based on others experiences.

·
Genesis Coupe FTW
1,740 Posts
I haven't had a single problem or issue. My air conditioning is arctic cold, there is no squeaking at all. I am surprised at how quiet this car is. There isn't nearly as much road noise as I would have expected. Also, I don't have any acceleration sounds, other than what is normal. Fingers crossed that everything stays this way!!! Today I took my car on a 4 hour drive up into the mountains. I averaged 28.7 mpg on the trip, which surprised me because the climb through the mountain pass was pretty steep. I thought it would have sucked the gas.
Like him, I have no single issue with my car ...

·
Proud owner
27 Posts
Just a couple of things so far:
Picked mine up on July 22nd afterwaiting 10 weeks.
Airbag warning light came on last week and has remained on. have an appointment to get the rear spoiler put on and my first oil change so i booked them to look at this issue as well,
12V/120W plug ins won't charge my GPS or cell phone. Cords seem fine. Will get them to look at that also.
When listening to the XM I have had a voice come on asking for instructions, such as if I was linking into my bluetooth. The screen also says "listening'. You just have to say cancel, it then repeats "cancel' and all returns to normal again.......weird. Didn't touch anything on the steering wheel either time.
But I also have very cold A/C, no rattles, and a quiet seat belt and sunroof.
Just some bugs my dealer will have to look at next week.
I will get pics once my spoiler is on.
Problems all fixed and since July 22 I have 11000 kms !!!! no more problems.

·
Registered
162 Posts
None for me thank goodness, the only problem is the bad paint job.. Which I started a thread about in the new member forum. Looks like they forgot to spray some parts of the car with clear.. My dealership is already aware and making plans for the rep to see it.. The best part about my issue is that everyone at the dealership also notices the paint issue.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Some of you guys say these are "minor" issues or "expected" from a cheap or new car...I say BS! If there are issues with your car, get them fixed. If everyone is having the same problem..like the hood alignment issue..then H needs to fix it. I don't care if you spent 5K on a car or 50K..your money and you want what you paid for. Expect more from your car..what you were promised by Hyundai when you bought the car and from the service folks.

I will take it back until it is fixed to my satisfaction...and so should you. We all like our cars...love our cars..but that should not outweigh issues we are having.

·
Gumby
74 Posts
Only problem here is the sunglasses holder sometime will not close without repeated tries or pushing hard.

Things I dont consider a real problem:
The knocking of the passenger seatbelt when driving with windows open.
Minor noise from the rubber window seals, I often drive with the stereo off and can hardly hear it.

3600 miles 3.8 Auto

And about rattles and noises being normal after a while, it may be so but it shouldnt be. My 3 year old Sonata 3.3 has zero and my 94 mustang had none for more than 10 years when it delevloped a single rattle in the convertable top assembly.

21 - 40 of 91 Posts