Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

61 - 80 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
The only problems I've had is a popping noise when I accelerate...and sometimes when I am braking and hit a bump it feels like the whole front of the car is falling off....taking the car to the dealership in the next day or two to get it looked at since the popping deal just started, might mention the other thing too but hopefully they can find out whatever is wrong on their own.

·
Registered
432 Posts
2009 had problems, 2010 seems like they fixed almost all, 2011 the year I bought no more complaints, Have had nothing to whine about. Very happy with 3.8 track manual.

·
Exceptionally Ordinary
612 Posts
No probs yet with my 2011, only about 700 miles on it so far. Only thing that has annoyed me which is probably prevalent in any car, is at certain bass notes there is noticeable rattling somewhere on the passenger side.

·
Soldier/Race Car Driver
50 Posts
No probs yet with my 2011, only about 700 miles on it so far. Only thing that has annoyed me which is probably prevalent in any car, is at certain bass notes there is noticeable rattling somewhere on the passenger side.

I've noticed this as well. The way I would describe it is the speaker starting to blow. Brand new car, I'm befuddled.

·
The whistles go WOO! WOO!
829 Posts
still no fix for the rear bumper expanding due to heat
Apply a cold compress for 30 minutes :D

My issues (10,000km):
-difficult almost-grindy shift from 1st into second (gonna ask for a fluid replace+clutch bleed soon)
-1st/2nd sometimes won't play ball when its cold, especially when coasting at 3-8km/h.
Slow down for a light, neutral to stop, it turns green.. 1st? no. 2nd? no. 1st? no 2nd? no. (guy behind me getting pissed)... f**k it, 3rd it is. Doesn't happen often though.
-rattles. oh how the interior rattles. dealership will likely laugh me off the lot now that I have a 10w7 in the car though, even though the rattles predate it.
-nasty rattly clutch noise when its half depressed in neutral. Haven't mentioned it to anyone yet.

I think my hood may be slightly out too, but I'm not a nit-picker. Overall I'm quite happy, especially after reading the camero forum that was linked earlier in the thread.

·
Miss Thread Derailer
2,975 Posts
Minor issues with mine (37,000km)

- R/F headlight defect (looked like permanent frosting on the inside of the lens)
- L/F headlight cracked about an inch (no rock chip)
- New head unit (Radio would freeze up as well as steering wheel controls)
- Squeaky seat (lubricated seat track to fix it)
- Rattling rear view mirror at 3,000rpm
- Same thing as Ian - when the engine/tranny is cold, 1st gear is non-existent unless I'm FULLY stopped and 2nd gear is a bit grindy (when cold)
- my clutch does rattle when I hit a certain RPM, but it's the pad itself (will go away if I Lightly touch it with a toe)

Other than that, to be honest, I'm very anal about my car, and I have no other complaints! No weird rattles (other than when it's cold, which ANY car will do), squeaks and all that jazz anymore

·
Hammer lane Hero
5,712 Posts
- Squeaky seat (lubricated seat track to fix it)
Fatty :p

And I'm at 48,000km and I've had a few problems:

-1 bad transmission (been replaced)
-DMF is f*cked
-paint doesn't match on bumpers vs. rest of car (different shades)
-bumper was re-painted cause clear coat came off
-RH rocker panel re-painted cause paint PEELED off
-coolant smell under hood, slowly lose coolant over time
-seatbelt rattle (buckled in pass. belt when windows opened, prob solved)
-cruise sometimes disengages the second I resume it
-cruise randomly stopped working completely for about 20 mins one time
-rev-hangs like a sonnuva...
-tint peeled driver's side (not hyundai's fault, has been fixed)
-hood/trunk alignment sucks (fixedthe hood, fixing the trunk leaves it un-latchable)
-handle busted off passenger seat for tilt adj.
-driver's seat doesn't like to release the lock to slide

There's more, I'm just forgetting them atm, still love the car though!

·
Texas Genesis
103 Posts
still no fix for the rear bumper expanding due to heat
I had this problem as well above about 80 degrees. My dealer actually had their in-house bodyshop guys come look and it is an issue with the clips in the heat. They applied some epoxy inside and put the clip back in place. I have had no problems since, even in 108 degree heat.

Issues I have had:

- Passenger seatbelt noise with window down (fixed with cover over latch on the belt) I think it is just the way the air moves in the car so not much can be done outside of a redesign.

- Brake lamp switch went out on me at around 17k, dealer replaced.

- XM not responding (Maybe a shark fin issue? everything else works just fine but then again I do not have Nav). Could be due to excessive heat (over 100 degrees for like 60+ days now) Asking about this on next oil change.

Outside of that the car has been great. I get descent gas mileage if I keep my foot out of it.

I have almost 21k miles on it now.

·
Advenio Pariter
3,829 Posts
Over 6k on mine no problems whatsoever. When I buy a new car I LOOK for any warranty issue I can. I did notice a couple of drops of oil on my garage floor and I still cannot find a source. Literally two drops. I have looked around the turbo - all dry. Perfectly happy with my daily driver. Almost September, I guess I better work on a set of winter tires for her.

Forums tend to emphasize doom and gloom about cars. These are manufactured products and are subject to imperfections or problems. Even Toyota and Honda have been known to have a problem or two...

·
Registered
463 Posts
MAN!!!! What is wrong with my car. 22,000 miles, original tires, original brakes, no grind in the transmission. Total maintenance cost to date (not counting a rock to the windshield) $210 worth of oil changes.
I don't drive like an a-hole, but definitely do not baby it.

·
Exceptionally Ordinary
612 Posts
I have have no problems besides personal preference kind of things.

It didn't start once when I was cruising around with other Gens, just tried again and it started right up.

Edit: Wow didn't know I already posted in this thread a couple months ago. But I guess this is an up date. Now 2700 miles and like I said nothing.

Problem in my first post was a back scratcher my dad left in the passenger door was rattling.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Had to have the back window replaced, due to a bad seal
also had a black screw fall out from somewhere...will post a pic soon...i have no idea where it came from...found it in the passenger side floor mat
2800kms

·
Registered
915 Posts
Just a few things, but still loving my car.

-Chrome on passenger side door handle started peeling off
-A/C makes loud scraping noise on a cold start
-A/C isn't very cold at first but does eventually cool off the car
-Passenger side tail light lets water inside and builds condensation
-Some parts of the body do not line up as well as i would like
-Occasional strange scraping noise when i let off the throttle (sounds like its coming from the engine)

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
I've had no problems I couldn't rectify myself & the only one that frightens me is internal M/T issues, although it has not effected me as of yet.

·
JK-DM!
1,374 Posts
Is anybody experiencing a weird raspy sound when you hit about 3 to 3.25 RPM in 1st and 2nd gear? I have that issue and I'm thinking of going to the dealer.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have to say I am not seeing a lot of hard issues and the ones that have issue still love the car. That is great to hear. I just got my Interlagos Yellow Track Manual 1400 miles ago and love it like no other. She drifts like a dream, is predictable and has a ton of zoom when i get sick of the mustang sniffin my wing badge ....

All in all guys what I hear is that I will be a happy man for a long time!!!!

·
51 Posts
6)Passenger seatbelt flaps constantly while driving with windows down - nothing they can do
Same problem here, its a terrible clunking noise that almost overpowers my not so loud music. Unless I have a passenger i have to listen to this, has anyone came up with a solution or an idea other than buckling that seat belt which is what they told me to do

61 - 80 of 91 Posts