·
Sr. Lifetime Prem. Member
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

·
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Oh sorry about that but I guess what I'm really wondering is why didn't you used the gray primer mentioned in the process of the link you provided.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
No problem pokemon, good question, and I had that question myself when I read the directions from the website; so I called in and asked, and was told the adhesion promoter acts as a primer. I was kind of taken aback so I asked again and asked if the person I was talking to was sure and he said yes. So, I guess that's why they recommend that you get enough paint to do at least 2 coats.

·
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Looks nice wasn't as hard as you thought excellent job
Ninjamon, thanks! It wasn't hard, but it wasn't easy either, lol. Getting the spraying technique down so that the paint didn't go on too thick and run, etc. was the challenge. You want to get it done so you end up going to thick and it runs, so you have to learn to just be patient and do a series of light coats, letting them dry in between. I actually took a little under 2 weeks to get mine done, waiting overnight for each coat to dry before applying another one and then waiting a few days for the paint to "cure" before applying the clearcoat. I just got a closer look at your profile pic; I have a buddy that has a bike like yours, here it is:

·
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
What grit sand paper did you go with? And at what stages did you use them? Pre primer? post primer? And is that lip PU?
Magic, to be honest, I didn't use the sandpaper at all, only the scuffing pads, and I'd use them between each coat, but not on the last coat before applying the clearcoat. I purchased the lip from ARK, so not sure whether it's PU or not, but it's very durable and plyable; twisty, lol, so I'm hoping if I ever run into anything it won't break, just scrape or bend.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Nicely done man.

I always thought I had to purchase both the front fascia and lip to make it look like your after shot. But I guess the lip pretty much includes the fascia. What was the original paint when you received it? Is this the poly or fiberglass?
I heard fiberglass doesn't need any screws/tapes to be attached, not sure if painting would be any different.
Also not sure if I should get the fiberglass or poly

Seems like nearly everyone has the Prodigy version and not the Sequence, which are pretty similar.

Sequence Spec-1 Front Lip, importshark.com

I appreciate the touchup website :D I didnt think there was a creamy white and only the kraussel white

And what grade did you happen to use for the scruff pads?

This would be so much easier if these parts were already painted before being shipped, I'm guessing all the lips from prodigy and sequence aren't painted eh? I would like to paint the bottom middle black so i'm guessing 1 can should be enough. You think it was necessary to paint the inside of the lip as well since it's being attached to the bumper?

·
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Nicely done man.

I always thought I had to purchase both the front fascia and lip to make it look like your after shot. But I guess the lip pretty much includes the fascia. What was the original paint when you received it? Is this the poly or fiberglass?
I heard fiberglass doesn't need any screws/tapes to be attached, not sure if painting would be any different.
Also not sure if I should get the fiberglass or poly

Seems like nearly everyone has the Prodigy version and not the Sequence, which are pretty similar.

Sequence Spec-1 Front Lip, importshark.com

I appreciate the touchup website :D I didnt think there was a creamy white and only the kraussel white

And what grade did you happen to use for the scruff pads?

This would be so much easier if these parts were already painted before being shipped, I'm guessing all the lips from prodigy and sequence aren't painted eh? I would like to paint the bottom middle black so i'm guessing 1 can should be enough. You think it was necessary to paint the inside of the lip as well since it's being attached to the bumper?
Thanks Derp! When I received the lip, it was in a plastic bag, white in color, and butt-ass "nekkid" like a newborn baby, lol. I'm pretty sure it is poly and not fiberglass because I don't think fiberglass can bend and flex like this did (prior to me putting it on of course) without breaking; don't know about whether you don't need screws and tape if you get a fiberglass lip.

Just my opinion, but to me the Prodigy lip flows more with the lines of the car; the Sequence looks more "abrupt", more "aftermarket" to me. I hadn't seen the Sequence lip prior to your post, but after seeing it, that's my conclusion.

The scuff pads I think just come in one grade, but you can check the website to make sure. As far as coming pre-painted, yes, it would be easier, but more expensive. What I've found is most people order them and then send them to a body shop to be painted, which is what I was going to do until I got quoted a price of $300 - $400, depending on the body shop. So thank GOD for these types of DIY's! And no need to paint the inside of the lip, you can't see it once it's installed!

·
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
21 - 33 of 33 Posts