Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey GTA'ers,

Just wondering if anyone knows a really good detailer in the area.

I had met a guy down in Windsor who details all sorts of sports cars/exotics/etc and he does an amazing job just out of his own garage. Unfortunately I wasn't about to shell out mad dough right before winter to get it done as I was moving back to the GTA and it was just going to get raped.

I've been to a couple of shops (popular, high-volume places) and they do an absolute garbage job. They seemed to rush the entire thing and I got my car back with wax still on it in places... So I'd prefer to not get it done at a high-volume shop anymore.

Now that I'm back home north of the City, I'm looking for someone who's good at what they do, hahaha... My car is going to need it all after the winter months (prob April). I'm talking clay baring, swirl removal, full interior, etc. My car is black, so it's showing brutal swirl marks already.

If you know of anyone like this, shoot me their info or link to their website so I can keep ahold of it until the Spring.

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
364 Posts
Have you tried Warlock's in Aurora? I would assume so since your from the area...I used them about 8 years ago and the car was immaculate..in and out. The only problem is I moved away and not sure if those standards have been kept. They also use to run a spring promo around this time

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Done and done... Thanks a ton. I've saved the link so I can contact him later.

Warlocks is a 1min drive from my house, but I can't find any reviews online... I need proof lol

·
2.0T Premium
850 Posts
Contact wes early, he books up quite fast lol

And I don't know how bad your paint is, but if it was like mine it can take 2 days. Apparently Hyundai's black paint is really hard to work with :dunno: I needed a rush cause I couldn't leave the car there overnight...

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Who is this Wes guy?

Ive also heard good things about DansDetailing and Makeitshine. Both are in the GTA.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts

·
Resident Critic
841 Posts
Hey GTA'ers,

Just wondering if anyone knows a really good detailer in the area.

I had met a guy down in Windsor who details all sorts of sports cars/exotics/etc and he does an amazing job just out of his own garage. Unfortunately I wasn't about to shell out mad dough right before winter to get it done as I was moving back to the GTA and it was just going to get raped.

I've been to a couple of shops (popular, high-volume places) and they do an absolute garbage job. They seemed to rush the entire thing and I got my car back with wax still on it in places... So I'd prefer to not get it done at a high-volume shop anymore.

Now that I'm back home north of the City, I'm looking for someone who's good at what they do, hahaha... My car is going to need it all after the winter months (prob April). I'm talking clay baring, swirl removal, full interior, etc. My car is black, so it's showing brutal swirl marks already.

If you know of anyone like this, shoot me their info or link to their website so I can keep ahold of it until the Spring.

Thanks in advance...
Yeah whats up with the hyundai swirl marks on black GCs. It's madness. Mine has it like the plague.

·
2.0T Premium
850 Posts
Yeah whats up with the hyundai swirl marks on black GCs. It's madness. Mine has it like the plague.
Normally from automatic car washes [even 'touchless'], or even the dealer if you let them wash it with each service [they reuse mitts/ water]. It also depends on how you hand wash your car [in which direction].

·
Registered
364 Posts
What I liked about Warlocks is they would actually remove the front seats to shampoo the carpet. Car looked showroom when I got it back. Just dont know what they are like now, but I'm sure if you phoned and asked questions then you'd know how thorough they are.

·
Premium Member
3,196 Posts
I'm actually starting a mobile detailing service. I won't be starting till May and have some clients booked. If you're interested, PM me and I'll send you my website.

·
Custom mods or bust...
1,370 Posts
a day to detail a car! I wish. Maybe if your just cleaning the interior and washing the exterior. To do a FULL detail your looking at 3 days max!
Hey I'm still new to this site and forums in general. I live in Durham region and I'm wondering if u could help me out. I'm just looking for a detail on the outside (wash/clay/wax) any chance you could help a fellow gen[t] out? Most places I contacted said they only wash n wax, no clay bar :( except BMW dealership but they won't do non bmws

·
Registered
281 Posts
Hey I'm still new to this site and forums in general. I live in Durham region and I'm wondering if u could help me out. I'm just looking for a detail on the outside (wash/clay/wax) any chance you could help a fellow gen[t] out? Most places I contacted said they only wash n wax, no clay bar :( except BMW dealership but they won't do non bmws
Send me a pm in the morning

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yea I am lookin for the same thing. I need somewhere that is going to push a nice hard polish on the car.

Its developed a lot of swirls and lines in the paint. A polish is all it needs, but I don't have the patience to do it properly.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Here are some teaser pics of a car I'm working on right now. This is just after a paint correction with NO glaze or wax. Pics taken from my iPhone.

More pics to come once completed!!!

1 - 20 of 85 Posts