Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on getting 19x9.5 & 19x10.5 +22 wheels on 245/35/19 & 275/35/19 tires, respectively. I read a lot about issues with clearance when running the PBM coils. Anyone on a similar setup or just know if I'll have clearance?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Interested in this as well. Pulling the trigger on new wheels/tires soon and this makes me question things a bit.

·
Obsessed
1,179 Posts
I don't think you'll have any issue as long as you aren't running ungodly amounts of negative camber. For reference, I am running 18x9.5 +15 fronts, 18x10.5 +15 rears, 265/35 front tires and 295/35 rear tires with PSM coils, and don't rub the coils. I have much wider tires than you will, so even with less offset you should be okay.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thank you for the info! Yes you definitely have wider tires than I ever will :).

Reactions: JGowen

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've been curious about this as well.. Planning on running the same specs as OP, but someone told me that I should run 255/35/19 on stretched tires.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone know if 19x11+28 (rear) will clear these coils? Id rather not run spacers but PSM seem to be the best coilover route...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys, I have a question because I recently installed pbm coilovers and my front passenger tire rubs on the lower spring perch and part of the spring. Everything else is great but it's just that one tire that is giving me problems. I'm not slammed at all either. I guess I'm just asking for input and if an alignment will do the trick? Thanks guys!
My wheel and tire setup is:
Fronts 18x9.5 +22 245/35/18
Rears 18x10.5 +22 275/35/18

·
Obsessed
1,179 Posts
Hey guys, I have a question because I recently installed pbm coilovers and my front passenger tire rubs on the lower spring perch and part of the spring. Everything else is great but it's just that one tire that is giving me problems. I'm not slammed at all either. I guess I'm just asking for input and if an alignment will do the trick? Thanks guys!
My wheel and tire setup is:
Fronts 18x9.5 +22 245/35/18
Rears 18x10.5 +22 275/35/18
Your setup is certainly not crazy or aggressive, so it's likely you need less negative camber. If you have replaced your suspension and not had an alignment, you need one anyway, so I'd suggest you do this and explain tot eh shop that does the job that you're slightly rubbing there. They will set it up where you will not rub. For reference, my setup on my BK2 was PSM Pro coils, 18x9.5 +15 fronts with 255/40 tires, and 18x10.5 +15 rears with 275/40 tires, and had no issues with the tires contacting the suspension (fender was a different story lol)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Your setup is certainly not crazy or aggressive, so it's likely you need less negative camber. If you have replaced your suspension and not had an alignment, you need one anyway, so I'd suggest you do this and explain tot eh shop that does the job that you're slightly rubbing there. They will set it up where you will not rub. For reference, my setup on my BK2 was PSM Pro coils, 18x9.5 +15 fronts with 255/40 tires, and 18x10.5 +15 rears with 275/40 tires, and had no issues with the tires contacting the suspension (fender was a different story lol)
Thank you so much man, really appreciate the input. I'm new to all of this and just trying to learn more as I go so it really means a lot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts