Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Work in Progress
6,496 Posts
i'd love a purple interior but have a hard time seeing suede on a sports car . . you need to follow it up with the purple NRG hub and steering wheel!

·
Registered
386 Posts
PERFECT! Wow thanks for pointing that out! The purple might just be temporary if I can't get a reasonable quote on the seats.. The fabric only costs $37 and the spray adhesive was $19.98 for two cans :p If I get sick of it I'll change it up accordingly to the seats I purchase ;)
where did you get the fabrics?

·
Premium Member
4,727 Posts
Can't wait to see always love your projects don't post much on the website here but always keep up with ya love what you are doing for the Genesis world!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
9,859 Posts
That can't possibly be real suede for that price. More like micro-fiber or something like that. As long as your car is red the purple will be pretty weird looking, but it'll go well with black/ cf.

·
I keep it dirty and nerdy
1,525 Posts
:bowdown: If I had the money to respray the exterior of my car it'd be a midnight purple like that. Not sure what this'll look like with the grey a-pillars, since everything else in the car is black. Maybe wrap those as well?

Glad to see some ingenuity! A future project I want to take on is re-upholstering the door cards, and swapping the black cloth for something else (was thinking bio-hazard orange)

·
Premium Member
9,859 Posts
:bowdown If I had the money to respray the exterior of my car it'd be a midnight purple like that. Not sure what this'll look like with the grey a-pillars, since everything else in the car is black. Maybe wrap those as well?

Glad to see some ingenuity! A future project I want to take on is re-upholstering the door cards, and swapping the black cloth for something else (was thinking bio-hazard orange)
+1 Redo the gray with either purple or maybe in CF (I think that's what he's doing btw)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Can't wait for the pics, if this turns out like like I think it will it's going to look sick!

·
Sex Machine
1,514 Posts
are those coffee stains on ur headliner?

·
I keep it dirty and nerdy
1,525 Posts
So it doesn't look like the headliner would be that hard to remove- Or am I mistaken? What all did you have to remove to get it out, and then does it come out the doors or out the trunk or what? Sad to hear the purple got messed up :(

·
mmmmmmmmatte black
6,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
are those coffee stains on ur headliner?
Soda I believe, it's on the passenger side LoL Don't ask :confused: :fleshbox:

So it doesn't look like the headliner would be that hard to remove- Or am I mistaken? What all did you have to remove to get it out, and then does it come out the doors or out the trunk or what? Sad to hear the purple got messed up :(

The headliner was pretty easy to remove as long as you're confident in what you're doing and trust in your prior knowledge that you're not going to break a ton of clips LOL. It took me and a buddy not even 10 minutes to pop it out..

1. Disconnect negative battery terminal. (Having a side curtain airbag blow up in your face would SUCK!!)
2. Take out A-Pillars.
3. Take out sun visors.
4. Take out Center Map lights and Vanity Lights.
5. PULL DOWN HARD! :rofl:

Then you have to kinda fold it to pull it out of the car.

·
Banned
1,705 Posts
how do you apply this adhesive?? on both surfaces?? i have a piece of black suede collecting dust .. can't stand that ugly interior anymore...

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
Jules, you are still my go to product guy...but I need to say naa... naa...naaa on this one...:dunno:

1 - 20 of 59 Posts