Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey yall,

Has anyone looked into adding a push button trunk release similar to whats on the doors of the keyless entry/push start models? I freaking hate having to dig my keyfob out to open the trunk.

·
Knows some stuff...
6,852 Posts
What? MY door has a trunk release (right next to the fuel door release) on it and I have a base model. I think I am misunderstanding your post though.

·
Car newb
2,239 Posts
I think he means a button outside like how the doors have the black buttons to unlock/lock them.

·
Registered
551 Posts
walk up open the drivers door with your key fob then push the trunk button! pretty simple solution.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I just wish the trunk would raise up a little when released.

·
Work in Progress
6,496 Posts
I just wish the trunk would raise up a little when released.
Next time you bring it in to the dealer they can usually adjust it so it opens.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Next time you bring it in to the dealer they can usually adjust it so it opens.
Is this true, if so how much would it be for them to adjust

·
Short Bus Driver
1,345 Posts
The thing is, there's not really a good place to put it. The G37 has the trunk button integrated with the taillight housing, but with the stock headlights that aren't LED it would be a little trickier to duplicate that.

Once you find a place for the switch, though, the wiring is probably pretty simple. Not sure if there would be any difference between smartkey and non-smartkey equipped vehicles.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea, Im talking a button like on the door handles of a smart key coupe. And I agree that finding a spot for it would be damn near impossible. There have just been more than a couple of time that I wished for it as I was digging the fob out of my pocket.

Just not sure how the home modder could integrate it into the smart key system. Meh, just an idea.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
totally mean no offense buttttttt, don't be super lazy lol...people these days are getting way to lazy.

·
Premium Member
13,004 Posts
1) buy another smart key door handle
2) wire new door handle into existing wiring for drivers or passengers security and smart key antenna for SecureKey verification and reception
3) wire new door handle's control button to trunk release
4) buy GC wing badge
5) cut out center emblems' center support bridge
6) take apart handle and remove button, antenna.
7) mount antenna behind wing badge before putting on wing badge
8) mount release button in center of wing badge
9) mount wing badge and make all electrical connections
10) affix "Genesis Coupe" wing badge center sticker on new trunk button
11) enjoy new trunk button.

you can buy most to all of what you need from Import Shark and Hyundai Parts 4 Less.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
^^oh snap you JUST did that....problem solved ladies and gentleman!...Snoopies left the building!

·
Premium Member
9,859 Posts
1) buy another smart key door handle
2) wire new door handle into existing wiring for drivers or passengers security and smart key antenna for SecureKey verification and reception
3) wire new door handle's control button to trunk release
4) buy GC wing badge
5) cut out center emblems' center support bridge
6) take apart handle and remove button, antenna.
7) mount antenna behind wing badge before putting on wing badge
8) mount release button in center of wing badge
9) mount wing badge and make all electrical connections
10) affix "Genesis Coupe" wing badge center sticker on new trunk button
11) enjoy new trunk button.

you can buy most to all of what you need from Import Shark and Hyundai Parts 4 Less.
Not a half bad idea actually. Not sure how good it'd look there though. I'd try it but for the maybe 2-3 times that I've actually ever used the trunk it wouldn't be worth it for me.

·
'11 R-SPEC & '95 S14
205 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,004 Posts
^^oh snap you JUST did that....problem solved ladies and gentleman!...Snoopies left the building!
Is that sarcasm? I'm really not good with written sarcasm.
I was trying to be helpful.

I like that the trunk doesn't really pop too.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Nice. I think that is a very plausible method to make it work.

·
Use the F'n Search Button
4,280 Posts
Seems like a lot more work is needed to install a trunk bush button, than it would be to just use the key fob. (or just open the door and push the trunk pop button.

My girls scion TC has a little button to press to open the trunk, it's actually pretty nice feature, but I wouldn't go writing home about it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts