Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, thanks for taking the time to read. I purchased my 2011 GenCoupe in Nov. 2018 from a Hyundai dealership. Initially there was a bit of rust (about half an inch) starting on the rear driver side quarter panel, so a condition of me buying was that they had to “fix/cover up” that area as best as possible. The rust was right on the edge of the quarter panel so I’m assuming they had to remove it to clean/repaint the area. The rust hasn’t been an issue since.

My concern is that over the summer I realized that the quarter panel was sticking out a bit, leaving a small gap. I brought it to my mechanic to look and he thinks that there’s some sort of clip(s) missing that holds the panel in place. So we are guessing that when they fixed the rust, they didn’t put the quarter panel back on properly. I’m taking it to the dealer tomorrow to have them asses. They advised that they’ll cover it if it’s just a missing clip, but said it could also be a crack somewhere in the bumper?

Could anyone please provide any insight?

Pics: https://s1207.photobucket.com/user/ouslow/library/?view=recent&page=1

·
NeverNeverLand's Ferryman
16 Posts
I can't say for certain but I have a 2011 as well and I have noticed this gap, I suspect this may be how the panels age. I haven't come up with a solution as of yet, but if I do I'll keep you posted. If its really bothering you, perhaps a 1cm width clear vinyl on both sides would be a temp fix, but structurally there are probably better solutions,not that I suspect the panel will fall off. Hope this is sort of helpful, take care!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts