Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

Question about Forgestar offsets

3K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  sjmcdo3 
#1 · (Edited)
I just received my new Forgestar CF5V's and I'm a little worried. During ordering I was told that Forgestar recommends +22 in the front (8.5) and +26 in the rear (9.5). I was fine with that. When I looked on the box it indicates front offset 10, rear offset -2. Does Forgestar use a different offset system? Hopefully they will work out and I have an appointment tomorrow morning to get them installed.
I am trying to figure out how to post pics. Looks sick! Any help would be great! Thanks!

Photos http://www.gencoupe.com/members/28030-mattray79-album2069-matt-mobile.html

#2 ·
I would contact forgestar because that does not sound right. Are the wheels marked that or the box? This concerns me as I am about to order some.

#3 ·
yeah there are stickers on the boxes. I hope it won't be too aggressive as I may lower the car in the future. I just checked rimsntires size comparer and the front will be .9" further out and the rear will be 1.4" further out. Maybe? I will be using the stock tires. 225/40, 245/40

#4 ·
Whew!! I just spoke to the dealer that sold me the wheels and he says the sticker indicates the specs of the blank used to make the wheel. Not the final offsets. Ok now I can relax. Going in the morning to have local dealer install. Pics tomorrow. Later

#5 ·
Scared me there too haha. Glad it worked out. I am excited to see em :D

Also, who did you end up buying them from, if ya don't mind... I have only got a response from one of the site vendors, as I emailed a few others.

#7 ·
^no one want to know about your fancy wheels SJ:p:hellokitty10:

Actually I do, I want some, have no money...jelly.:(

#8 ·
I went with 19" so I could use my stock tires and save some $$$. 19 x 8.5 +20 F, 19 x 9.5 +26 R CF5V textured gunmetal. Wheels look really good, more concave than I thought. And pretty light weight. Hope to post some pics soon!

#10 ·
Just to clarify, Forgestar brings all of their wheels in blank, and machines the offsets after the order is placed. This allows them to have more flexibility in terms of offsets and vehicles. I'm not sure why they don't change the information on the outside label, but there is nothing to worry about. :)

#11 ·
Yeah thanks Scott. I got the wheels installed and they look sweet. Link to pics is in 1st post. Hopefully I can get some more this weekend. Later

#12 ·
Fancy :D.

How good are the lugs that came with them? Do you think you are gonna buy new ones?

I talked to Chris last night and placed my order, though I didn't end up with forgestars. So, thank you for the recommendation, by the way.

#14 ·
Thanks! As far as I can tell they're OK. Just black closed end lug nuts. Came with an adapter. Looks like a deep well socket. I have to go back to the dealer tomorrow to have them check the torque and re tighten if needed. Good luck with your wheels! Later!

#13 ·
Nice wheels. Is that textured gun metal? I have F14's coming in about 3 weeks. Went with gloss gun metal on mine :)

#15 ·
Yeah, textured gun metal. I think it really goes well with a black car. Gloss should look sweet too. What color car u got?

#20 ·
Finally, some pictures of the CF5Vs on a Genesis Coupe! Wheels look great by the way!

If anyone else is looking for a similar setup here's a screenshot of the current barrel availability.

CF5V 19x8.5 QTY:10 2013-03-22 14:00:05
CF5V 19x9.0 QTY:18 2013-03-22 14:00:05
CF5V 19x9.5 QTY:18 2013-03-22 14:00:05
CF5V 19x10 QTY:8 2013-03-22 14:00:05
CF5V 19x11 QTY:9 2013-03-22 14:00:05

Here's the picture of the OP's car:

-Frank

#23 ·
Hey OP or Vender.. the CF5Vs in this thread... are those deep concave or semi concave? Thanks.

Can we get a couple more pictures of the Deep concave look? Will there be a Super Deep Concave option like the F14s?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.