Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After installing mine this past weekend I've noticed that my windshield washer reservoir, even with the OEM blue cap on, splashes some fluid out while driving.

It's rather annoying but have you all experienced the same phenomenon?

A temporary fix would be to not fill it up all the way (perhaps even though that may not work with hard driving) but is there a BETTER way?

For that container's design an threaded shaft and a twist on cap would've worked best but I guess AEM wanted it simple to keep costs down.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe you didn't snap it on all the way..I haven't had any probs and I drive the car pretty hard.
There's really only one way to snap it on. It's either on or off and it's definitely on there. But when it's "on", the cap can spin around rather easily. There is no tension on the cap.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Mine does when it's filled up to the top.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Don't fill it up all the way.

Problem solved.

Or

Buy gasket material.

Cut in circle.

Glue to bottom of lid.

Problem solved.

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,608 Posts
It is completely visible so you add half a gallon instead of the whole thing? My Accent has a dip stick that is attached to the lid but then it's formed like the OE one is and you can't see the level.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well the reason it was filled up close to the top is because that's what I transferred over from the OEM reservoir.

I guess I was curious to see if the total volume of the AEM container was close to the OEM one and well, it definitely is.

I like Ibnzmonkey's idea with the gasket material as well as the RTV silicone.

It is good to hear that I'm not the only one then with a drippy water reservoir. I just wanted to be sure mine wasn't defective or something.

I'll post up my solution once I get around to it. I wonder if Injen's CAI water reservoir is any better. lol. I was deciding between the two systems for a while but went with AEM's due to the gunmetal finish they offer and how it matched my Nord. Grey nicely. I know, lame right?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Well the reason it was filled up close to the top is because that's what I transferred over from the OEM reservoir.

I guess I was curious to see if the total volume of the AEM container was close to the OEM one and well, it definitely is.

I like Ibnzmonkey's idea with the gasket material as well as the RTV silicone.

It is good to hear that I'm not the only one then with a drippy water reservoir. I just wanted to be sure mine wasn't defective or something.

I'll post up my solution once I get around to it. I wonder if Injen's CAI water reservoir is any better. lol. I was deciding between the two systems for a while but went with AEM's due to the gunmetal finish they offer and how it matched my Nord. Grey nicely. I know, lame right?
From what I've read on this forum, the washer bottle on the Injen CAI is known to have some issues repeatedly disconnecting due to improperly sized clamps provided, causing fluid spills. Of course, you could just get replacement clamps that are the correct size for a few bucks, but even then some people still had issues spilling. I haven't heard any issues with AEM's CAI, so I went with that instead and don't have issues with it but I also don't fill it to the top.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The early production Injen bottles also have a tendency to shatter when breathed on.
What in the world?! Did they make them out of glass or something? lol.

·
Registered
49 Posts
humm

·
Registered
82 Posts
I've never had problems with the washer fluid, and I fill it to ~80%.

Somewhat related: I was noticing a slight whistle recently, so I went to check all the hose clamps and saw that the front L-bracket on the filter and intake sheared in half. Not sure exactly when that happened, I've had the intake for about 2 years.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I cut a bike inner tube and made a gasket for the OEM cap and it fits tight and leak proof.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Keeps Them Guessing!!
498 Posts
Somewhat related: I was noticing a slight whistle recently, so I went to check all the hose clamps and saw that the front L-bracket on the filter and intake sheared in half. Not sure exactly when that happened, I've had the intake for about 2 years.
I also had this problem with that bracket breaking. I made one out of angle aluminium to fix it. Chack and make sure that your intake isn't/didn't rub against the frame and wear a hole through it. That happened to a buddy of mine. That's why I checked mine and found the bracket and it was starting to wear through the intake pipe.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts