Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you have to remove the bumper to change the grille? and do you have to remove it to change the fog lights? would really appreciate it!

·
4th color - 4th wheels
8,829 Posts
lol depends on the grill too though... it's always easier to just remove it... takes 10 minutes if that.

4 bolts ... two on each headlights
2 screws ... one on each side next to the fender
6 plastic screws for the stock grill
2 more on the top portion of the bumper, one on each side of course
4 more plastic ones on the bottom holding in the splashguard
then pull a couple of tabs and you're set

...don't forget to unplug your fogs and headlights :squint:

·
4th color - 4th wheels
8,829 Posts
thought you could change out the fog lights by removing the headlights and reaching down.
probably means fog bezels, I wouldn't see the need to ask about changing the fog bulbs and the grill in the same thread lol

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
removing your bumper is the easiest way to go :)

you can change out your grill/fogs without removing the bumper given you have some ramps (for the fogs) and a tiny hand and a tiny screw-driver (grill)

·
77 Posts
I put in new foglights, I took my bumper off to put them in. Was surprisingly simple.

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
/thread

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
noo i do mean fog lights..i wanna change them to yellow..and when i went to go remove the grille i saw that there were two screws behind the grille so i guess i do have to remove the headlights

·
Premium Member
8,703 Posts
If you want to just change the foglight bulbs, you do not have to remove the grill completely--just take out the six plastic screws that attach the top of the grill to the frame of the car. After that, you can remove the bumper very easily. My above post with the do-it-yourself guide should show you how quite clearly, but let me know if you have any questions about it.

·
Registered
624 Posts
i didnt remove my bumper when i painted my fogs .. i made it incredibly difficult .. im sure it was faster then a complete removal but im a big akward dude and squeezing into small spaces is'nt all too fun

·
301 whp
1,102 Posts
You do not have to remove the bumper to change fog lights. Just remove the tray underneath, you have easy access.

·
Premium Member
8,703 Posts
You do not have to remove the bumper to change fog lights. Just remove the tray underneath, you have easy access.
Ah, I misunderstood that the OP was asking. I thought he was looking to change the entire foglight assembly--not just the bulbs. (der)

Isn't it a LOT easier to remove the bumper? I've been told this by several people actually.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts