Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody. Please excuse my poor english, I write from Germany.
The 2.0T with 275 hp will enter Germany from next month. I´m thinking about, to buy one.
At the moment I own a Civic Type R with a bit over 200hp.
Now the question...
What do you think, will the Gen be quicker, or the Civic.
Gen is quite heavy. My Civic is only 1267 kg.
Maybe one of you had a comparison between the two engines.

Thanks in advice.
Lars

·
Parts Pro & Lic Mechanic
1,297 Posts
The 2.0T with 275 hp will enter Germany from next month. I´m thinking about, to buy one.
Now the question...

Thanks in advice.
Lars
The coupe is a totally different car in terms of drivetrain, dynamics, feel, and performance.

What year is your civic TypeR?
If it's a 97-05 I would keep the civic, it's more usable in the real world and is a god in the corners, reminds me of the original GTI....besides its a Honda.

The GC is a beautiful car, but does have it's drawbacks. You can use it everyday, but it won't be a easy as the civic to live with

I wanted a RWD coupe with decent power, but didn't break the bank.....I bought a GC

Just my 2 cents
Duro

·
Registered
177 Posts
Now the question...

Thanks in advice.
Lars
The Genesis will likely be a little quicker and will FEEL significantly quicker. 1267 kg equates to a difference of about 250kg. While that's a lot of weight, it's not quite enough to overcome 75 additional horsepower and probably 75-100 ft/lbs of torque with all else being equal.

The torque will make the Genesis feel very different than a Civic. Honda 4-cylinders make their peak power at very high RPM and don't do much below that. The 2.0T Genesis starts to pull hard by about 3000 RPM.

From a standing start, the Genesis would also have an advantage in that it's rear-wheel drive and thus will have more traction than the front-drive Honda.

·
Premium Member
40,514 Posts
Sie können wirklich nicht vergleichen die beiden Autos direkt seit der Civic ist ein Frontantrieb Auto und das Genesis Coupe ist ein Heckantrieb Auto. Die Macht übersetzt anders. Es wäre wie der Versuch, einen BMW zu einem Jetta vergleichen. Auch wenn die Leistung waren die gleichen, wird es anders übersetzen. Außerdem hat ein Auto mit einem Turbo eine ganz andere Leistungskurve als ein Auto, die normalerweise aspiriert wird. Es hängt wirklich davon ab, was Sie wollen mit dem Auto zu tun. Wenn Sie über oberen Ende Geschwindigkeiten auf der Autobahn sind besorgt, haben beide Autos vergleichbar specs. Das Genesis Coupe erhalten Sie dort schneller trotz der schwereren Gewicht. Von einer Behandlung Sicht bevorzuge ich die Fahreigenschaften eines Heckantrieb Auto zu einem Frontantrieb Auto entgegen. Ich denke, das ist nur eine Frage der Perspektive. Ich glaube, Sie werden feststellen, dass die Genesis Coupe eine weit feinere Auto, vergleichbar mit den BMWs ist. Der Civic SI neigt dazu, sehr minimalistisch in dieser Hinsicht.

In Testfahrten wird das Genesis Coupe kommen immer an der Spitze in Bezug auf die Zahlen. Ich denke, es gibt viele traditionelle Auto Rezensenten, die nicht geben Hyundai eine Chance, weil es Koreanisch ist, sondern aus den beiden, ich glaube, dass ist ein hervorragendes Auto.

·
Euntes Pro Fregit
1,888 Posts
^ google translate?

Or can you really speak German and I just didn't know. Impressive if so.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
40,514 Posts
I lived in Germany for 16 years. ;) It's prolly a crappy translation though... my brain has fully reverted back to American structure.

·
Euntes Pro Fregit
1,888 Posts
Well, how bout that? Learn something new everyday.

Now, if I could just stop forgetting the thing I learned the day before...

·
Premium Member
40,514 Posts
Well, how bout that? Learn something new everyday.

Now, if I could just stop forgetting the thing I learned the day before...

Yah... a freakin' half korean who speaks German... LOL... <gawd> I'm a mess.

·
Euntes Pro Fregit
1,888 Posts
So...trilingual? Obviously you've got English and German under your belt. I've never heard you speak Korean, but being half Korean I'm putting my money on the fact that your fluent.

Got any other languages?

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
The GC will blow your civic uppp...but if you have the cash like doing doughnuts/drifting and want the sexiest looking coupe around this might be for you!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I lived in Germany for 16 years. ;) It's prolly a crappy translation though... my brain has fully reverted back to American structure.
i noticed 1 grammar error so not that crappy (but then again, my german writing is terrible)

And well to OP, go testdrive one, theres a few on sale secondhand so there has to be one in a garage somewhere, and well if you cant find a 2013, plenty of earlier models around,i dont think they feel -that- much different

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks a lot for all your answers. :D

Well, a test drive is not so easy, cause in Germany the car starts in April or Mai. I know, very late.
And a rwd is not the same as a fwd. For sure
My Civic is a 2009, in Europe called fn2 with a lsd.
I think in corners the civic will be the quicker one. Its build to race, but I´m afraid, the Gen will be a bit slowly, when accelerate.

Okay, I will have to wait, and make a testdrive in Mai.
Thank you all.

·
&#54620;&#51064; driving a &#54788;&#45824;
248 Posts

Well, a test drive is not so easy, cause in Germany the car starts in April or Mai. I know, very late.
I think in corners the civic will be the quicker one. Its build to race, but I´m afraid, the Gen will be a bit slowly, when accelerate.

Thank you all.
lol @ "it's built to race" I beg to differ....
I really thought the EP3 was the bastard child of the Honda family, but I must say the FN2 is one ugly duckling.
I'm so glad those CTR's stayed only in Europe/UK. I personally love the FD2-R and EP3-R better. (I used to own an EP3 :D)

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts

Thank you all.
The GC will be faster all around. This is a video of an Automatic 223hp 10-12 GC vs a Civic SI... Add 50hp to the GC and it wouldn't even be close.

Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T vs Honda Civic Si Coupe: Track Comparison : Car Reviews

1 - 15 of 15 Posts