Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a forge blow off valve connected to stock solenoid and wondering if I should connect it to manifold instead. I have a cat back with test pipe, injen intake and stage 2 xclusive tune

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,570 Posts
Some times the ECU will activate the BOV when you are in partial boost and not WOT. And some think the OE vacuum hose is too small for the fastest activation.

·
Premium Member
15,173 Posts
Some times the ECU will activate the BOV when you are in partial boost and not WOT. And some think the OE vacuum hose is too small for the fastest activation.
It's more like the solenoid is opened (or closed, depending on how you look at it) with vacuum still in the line, when there shouldn't be.

When this happens, I just let off the throttle slightly.

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,570 Posts
It's more like the solenoid is opened (or closed, depending on how you look at it) with vacuum still in the line, when there shouldn't be.

When this happens, I just let off the throttle slightly.
How does the OE setup relieve vacuum that has been applied?

·
Premium Member
15,173 Posts
How does the OE setup relieve vacuum that has been applied?

the BOV solenoid T's into the line that leads to the compressor housing.

The line leading to the weird vacuum tank on the intake manifold, is suppose to always have some vacuum.

The wastegate solenoid is actually the same as the bov solenoid, but it just has a cap/cover on the third vacuum port, and a different connector.

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,570 Posts
My first AM BOV was a Tial and it had issues with the OE setup. I went to straight intake vacuum and a bigger hose and that corrected the issues. I got rid of the Tial though for a Forge later.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My first AM BOV was a Tial and it had issues with the OE setup. I went to straight intake vacuum and a bigger hose and that corrected the issues. I got rid of the Tial though for a Forge later.

Is your forge on manifold ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts