Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
just got these, need to install these asap. but something. got the o rings but the stock injectors have an additional plastic fitting at the bottom, what do i do with that because it doesnt come off

also the deatschs have numbers on them whats the order??

22,35,82,182? if im standing in front of the engine? :dunno:

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone?

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
Just lube em up and slide em in. they're a little different than oem but work fine. You can put them in any order. Dw flow tests and selects the ones closest to each other for each set.

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!!!

·
Honda Hunter
123 Posts
are you talking about the retainer clips that hold them in place? the DW injectors don't require you to use those. i'de suggest you stick the injectors in the fuel rail first then stick them in the head, there will be some play between them but as long as you lightly lube the o rings it will be fine

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A manage to make the metal retainers fit. Im talking about the plastic piece circled in the picture. Also did i put o ring pattern correctly? Cause the dont sink down all the way like that

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They just dont fit right!!!!

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
Mine had a little play in them after being installed but I've never had any leaking issues. I didn't reuse the OEM clips.

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They fit fine alone but when i bolt down the fuel rail they raise up, i can see down the bottom. Cant imagine what will happen when i wash my engine or turn on the car.

·
With teeth.
1,138 Posts
You want the highest flowing one to be on port #4. I'm installing them today as well for a custom tune. Will report back with the results.

·
Out Pissing Off cops!
4,572 Posts
They fit fine alone but when i bolt down the fuel rail they raise up, i can see down the bottom. Cant imagine what will happen when i wash my engine or turn on the car.
Here's a pictures of my DW 550's. They've been like that for the past 10000KM without any issues or leak.

Also notice that the DWs have 2 O-rings near the output nipple, where the OEM one has only 1.

I can't see how you got the OEM retainer clip to fit, since there's no groove for it like the OEM injectors have...But they aren't required.

·
The one the only
2,325 Posts
i have the 550cc DW and just just pulled the stock and installed these i have had them on for over 12,000 miles and no issues with leaks at all

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
You want the highest flowing one to be on port #4. I'm installing them today as well for a custom tune. Will report back with the results.
port for being the last port if standing infront of the engine?

Here's a pictures of my DW 550's. They've been like that for the past 10000KM without any issues or leak.

Also notice that the DWs have 2 O-rings near the output nipple, where the OEM one has only 1.

I can't see how you got the OEM retainer clip to fit, since there's no groove for it like the OEM injectors have...But they aren't required.
managed to make them fit! got some smaller o rings in a parts store and put one under each big one. they fit tight and perfect!

if you push it a little hard it will spread out some more then click, holding the injector pretty tight in its place against the fuel rail just like the oem ones

heres a pic of how it sits plus the retainer

·
Out Pissing Off cops!
4,572 Posts
Good..!!

But TBH the retainer must be more of an assembly required part, since the injectors can't physically get out of the rail once it's bolted down..

·
Knows some stuff...
6,852 Posts
That plastic piece just prevents the OEM clip from swinging around, since you don't need a clip for the DW, you don't need that plastic bit. I am surprised to hear you needed a new o-ring and theirs was too big? Did you lube it up at all?

The top o-ring and fitting into the fuel rail is the important one. This has 55psi of pressure acting on it and the OEM clip holds it in there. With the DW, it looks like that 2nd larger o-ring is what prevents it from shooting out of the rail. The smaller o-ring in the IM isn't quite as crucial. As the IM never gets anywhere near 55psi so there is always a relative vacuum there so fuel can't come out, the o-ring only prevents air and dirt from being sucked in the IM. So you need to make sure that o-ring you used isn't too small. Though since you have that larger o-ring pressure pretty hard on it, you are probably more than fine as you have doulbe protection from air/dirt going in.

I say less improtant as if you suck in some dirty air it might lower your engine life a bit, but the other one, if the injector comes out of the rail at 55psi, then you have a ton of fuel pouring over a hot engine and that can burn your whole car down. But as long as with the OEM you have it clipped in or with the DW's you have it blocked form comming out with that larger o-ring not able to go into the IM you are safe.

Though it is still a good idea to carry a little fire extinguisher in your car as insurance is most likely not going to cover any fire since it was most likely your fault for modding if one did occur.

·
With teeth.
1,138 Posts
Yes, the port farthest from your reach. My injectors kinda wiggle around after I installed them, they also aren't the most tightly fitted on either the IM or the rail. Is this normal?

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I got mine to fit super tight, im happy now! They used to wiggle so much i could see the bottom of the port and the crooked o ring at the bottom

·
Banned
0 Posts
just got these, need to install these asap. but something. got the o rings but the stock injectors have an additional plastic fitting at the bottom, what do i do with that because it doesnt come off

also the deatschs have numbers on them whats the order??

22,35,82,182? if im standing in front of the engine? :dunno:

your injectores are supost to come with the caps email dw (shannon) tell her they are missing and she will have them to you in 3 days, i juat had mine replaced for the 2nd time

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
your injectores are supost to come with the caps email dw (shannon) tell her they are missing and she will have them to you in 3 days, i juat had mine replaced for the 2nd time
These were actually yours

1 - 20 of 22 Posts