Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The 1st 2000GT
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all of you peoples doing these switchbacks and such, and me being lazy and keeping my headlights stock:p,is their anyway to hook up your fog lights to be turn signals on the front?

I'm buying a OEM fog kit or an Aftermarket one and was thinking that if i did this i could start changing my heads the way i want them to be.

Anyone know if/how i can do this? Thanks:D

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Im sure you could all you would have to do is tap into the wire that controls the turn signal, so just tap the power wire for your fogs into that.

But may i ask why do you want your fogs as turn signals??????

·
Registered
769 Posts
That's a little ricey, Honda Civic'ish.....IMO.

·
Timbit Biter
1,775 Posts
I just wish I could figure out how to make my DRL LEDs on my 2013 stay on all the time.

·
Genesis OG
2,624 Posts
have you tried searching Torsen :rofl::rofl::rofl: (couldn't resist)

·
Timbit Biter
1,775 Posts
have you tried searching Torsen :rofl::rofl::rofl: (couldn't resist)
Yeah, and I couldn't find anything that showed how to do it. Too bad you resisted being helpful. My guess is that you are not actually from Tennessee. We tend to help each other out.

Edit: I found it.

·
The 1st 2000GT
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im sure you could all you would have to do is tap into the wire that controls the turn signal, so just tap the power wire for your fogs into that.

But may i ask why do you want your fogs as turn signals??????
Doing some custom tails eventually which are going to be crazy. I want the stock headlight housing to be a switchback from Red (devil eye concept) to white, iv'e also considered dual projectors but it makes the car look a little weird IMO.

And i agree that its sorta ricey and its just a thought. Im thinking for right now at least i'm just going to get some DD switchbacks and living with it. Later down the road though when I do my custom heads, i might just move the turn signal somewhere else. Maybe get a straight halo ring strip (best description i can give at the moment) and have it be a DRL, and also a turn signal. Have it hide at the bottom of the light.

Thanks for the info

·
FS section ravager
2,183 Posts
A relay would work for this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts