Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched around and couldn't find anything about this.

When I turn the headlights to the On position there is no headlight indicator on the dash showing me that the headlights are on. Is this normal? I do own an r-spec, and thought maybe they removed this feature on the r-spec..

·
Slurpee
1,740 Posts
Its a fog light indicator your thinking of.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not the fog light indicator, I do have that one working. On some of the other cars I drive there will be a light symbol on the dash if I have my headlights on. I'll find a picture to clarify what I'm talking about.

·
Slurpee
1,740 Posts
I only have a foglight indicator on my track model. I don't believe any of the Genesis's come with headlight indicators.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay, yeah you guys are right there's no headlight indicator. I just looked at the owner's manual and found out it's not there.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I only have a foglight indicator on my track model. I don't believe any of the Genesis's come with headlight indicators.
Mine does but it might be a Canada vs US thing. Don't believe there is an RSpec trim in Canada.

Headlight Indicator.

Headlight + Foglight Indicator

Headlight + Highbeam Indicator

·
It is not red. Not red..
5,706 Posts
That seems dumb.
Glad I don't have it. :p

·
Registered
551 Posts
I honestly thought i had one in my r-spec and it stopped working but that could be the car I test drove before the r-spec. I will have to look at it again.

·
Formerly BLK2KTIB
407 Posts
ManOnFire- Sure that isn't just the parking/marker light icon? My cars asleep for the winter so I can't remember.

·
Hyundai Aftermarket
1,468 Posts
my 2010 2.0T has no headlight indicator. No fogs installed.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here's two pics from the online pdf owner's manual.
There's no icon for the headlight indicator that ManOnFire is showing in his pictures.
I'm guessing it's not in the US spec.

·
Registered
44 Posts
That is a DRL (daytime running lights) indicator. The US-spec cars do not have DRLs and therefore do not have this indicator. Canadian models (among others) do.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts