Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

181 - 200 of 835 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
All PM sent out~

@whitegencoupe, very very nice... get them installed an post more pics!! And get me some feed back on how you like em. I would love to hear from you!

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Have any canadians been hit by taxes and duty?
I had mine shipped to the border and went to pick them up, I just had to pay the HST. If you have them shipped to a Canadian address then yes you will be charged taxes/brokerage etc...

You shouldn't have to pay duty as I believe they make their own rotors in house, I could be wrong though. Products made in the USA are not subject to duty charges for Canadians.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #186
There will always be some taxes and duties when going across the border. We do have some agreements in place with UPS where the duties and brokerages wont be so bad versus some other sellers.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Well I ordered rotors and pads. Will update the thread once I get the package.

Taxes and duties are a fact of life, its the brokerage fee UPS charges that really sucks. R1 said they have a agreements with UPS to not overcharge the brokerage fee so fingers crossed.

Mark

·
Registered
70 Posts
Well I ordered rotors and pads. Will update the thread once I get the package.

Taxes and duties are a fact of life, its the brokerage fee UPS charges that really sucks. R1 said they have a agreements with UPS to not overcharge the brokerage fee so fingers crossed.

Mark
Sweet. Only got charged about $25.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #189
Yes, I have heard horror stories about UPS and brokerage fees :( Thats why we got the system in place to help our Canada customers out!

·
Super Moderator
13,001 Posts
any comment yet on whether or not you'll be making 345mm x 30mm Equus two-piece rotors yet?

Or maybe now that we know it fits, a vented 314mm x 20mm rear rotor for the base model GC's?

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #191
any comment yet on whether or not you'll be making 345mm x 30mm Equus two-piece rotors yet?

Or maybe now that we know it fits, a vented 314mm x 20mm rear rotor for the base model GC's?
We will not make a 2 piece Equus rotor, well at least for the time being. And even then its a big if.

For sure we will not make a 314x20 vented rotors. 20mm vented rotors to us is not even worth doing. It will make a very thin disc with a small vent opening. And this is just a rear conversion for the base, which doesnt have a market for.
95% of the brakes I sold here were all for the Brembos. The other 5% were for the base.

You will find better deal doing the Brembo swap then what your asking for. Custom rotor front and rear will end up costing upwards of what the Brembo swaps will cost.

·
Super Moderator
13,001 Posts
I have Equus calipers on my coupe right now. The stock rear rotors for the Equus are vented and that's their thickness, they just don't line up exactly with the mounting bracket.

The Equus use the same hat as the GC, so all I'd need is the floating ring expanded from 340x28 to 345x30.

Oh.. side note, Brembo rears also use 20mm thick vented discs.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #193 (Edited)
You are correct about the size. The issue was making the hats and ring into 2 piece. Last I checked we could not make it as there were not enough room for hardware to mount the ring and hat on the rears. I have heard there are a company from Korean who does do them. That would be your best bet. But we do not have the capabilities to make the 2 piece set for the rear.

Edit: Why not use the Stock Brembo rears? They are 330x20. You got the 345 Equus front?

·
Registered
302 Posts
You are correct about the size. The issue was making the hats and ring into 2 piece. Last I checked we could not make it as there were not enough room for hardware to mount the ring and hat on the rears. I have heard there are a company from Korean who does do them. That would be your best bet. But we do not have the capabilities to make the 2 piece set for the rear.

Ok Young, what is the deal on the two piece fronts? are they coming at all? I have been waiting for over 2 months on a reply now. Specs? Cost? ETA?

thxs

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #196

Ok Young, what is the deal on the two piece fronts? are they coming at all? I have been waiting for over 2 months on a reply now. Specs? Cost? ETA?

thxs
Ok here is an update... the project will be on hold :( The manufacture we were dealing with cannot come through with a quality product. With so many setbacks and delays we are no longer perusing this. I do apologize for those who were waiting. We may do this at a later date, but I will try and keeping you guys updated.

·
Registered
403 Posts
pm price of slotted/drilled for brembos shipped to 08016 thanks!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Installed my slotted rotors and posi quiet pads on the weekend. Everything fit like it was supposed to and the pads are decent for daily driver. They feel the same as the stock ones did.

181 - 200 of 835 Posts